The Cricket Thread

bewlay

He looks well up for this. Second bn, 14-2

There may be no stats to back this up at all, but he seems to really step things up when Anderson isn't in the team. Whether he likes the seniority or is asked to bowl slightly differently, I don't know, but he's currently in great form.

Disappointing score considering where they started this morning though. SA look favourites at the moment....

I don't think so, even before they lost the two early wickets. They batted appallingly in India recently, only got over 200 once. Yes a lot was to do with conditions but there was a lot of wickets simply thrown away. They are a team in transition and still trying to fill a lot of holes created by retirements in the last year or so.

Edited by peasy23

Interesting listening to tms at the end of play. All commentators saying they think eng have the edge despite the stats suggesting sa are slightly shading a win 41% to 40%.

The stats are used by eng mgmt apparently and gathered over history. I guess.like duckworth Lewis is.

I always go with runs on the board in this situation and above that batting fourth might be a mistake for sa