The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Bright start,faded away.Same old story.The bolwers never seem to work as a team.

Unless it's a cloudy day in England they're knackered. Zero imagination and variation, you wonder why the ECB didn't break down Troy Cooley's door with an other contract offer as the bowlers have been toothless since he left.

Unless it's a cloudy day in England they're knackered. Zero imagination and variation, you wonder why the ECB didn't break down Troy Cooley's door with an other contract offer as the bowlers have been toothless since he left.

Very good point. It seemed a daft decision at the time not to extend his contract.Trying to save money...Its not as if it is a poor line up. As someone who has followed cricket since the late 60,s,thisis potentially one of the strongest and varied attacks England have had. Bloody hell they even have spinners.

Edited by capybara

Very good point. It seemed a daft decision at the time not to extend his contract.Trying to save money...Its not as if it is a poor line up. As someone who has followed cricket since the late 60,s,thisis potentially one of the strongest and varried attacks England have had. Bloody hell they even have spinners.

It is potentially a good attack, but Harmison becomes the invisible man away from his comfort zone of playing in England so you are effectively a bowler down in series away from home.

Now I dislike cricket as much as the next bloke but even I admit to watching the test against South Africa. What an end to the game. SA needed 414 to win and they did it! Second best run chase in history I believe.

Now I dislike cricket as much as the next bloke but even I admit to watching the test against South Africa. What an end to the game. SA needed 414 to win and they did it! Second best run chase in history I believe.

As I said earlier, Australia's attack is horrible. They have huge problems just now.

Anyone else enjoying Pietersen's ongoing and childish spat with Yuvraj?

I am quite enjoying it myself. Although Yuvraj did get the better of him in the beginning KP and Freddie are starting to wing him up. Yuvraj is a knob. I hope England can bat to save the test but they need a couple of big hundreds(thats after they can take another 6 wickets cheaply)

EDIT: I see India are 5/1 tempting

Edited by Cowden til i die

Agree about 2 games series'.

The NZ and WI game petered out for the same reason. WI stayed ahead in the rankings as long as they drew the series so had zero interest in setting a total and maybe winning the game.

If it is any consolation - and it is - I don't see any reason why England can't win the Ashes,

Agree. Australia are not the team they were.Bowling attack is depleted. Mind you England do not often take 20 wks in a game. Harmison will need to improve,but then again he is playing at home,likewise Anderson who after a decent spell has in my opinion slipped back. Jones if fit could be an asset.

I think the West Indies tour will be crucial in preperation for the Ashes,but i think it should be a good tour in itself. Bell,s jacket on a shoogly nail.