The Cricket Thread

bewlay

I can't really see the Indian logic with not using the technology, they got one in their favour yesterday with Cook's LBW dismissal but for evey one they get they are just as likely to get one against them like they did this morning.

Edited by peasy23

Sir Geoffreys discussion on his childhood pets is the only thing of inerest today - the ball isnt doing anything and India dont seem to actually be chasing the game.

A huge stand from the Indians looked like it could take the game away from England, but the collapse means England should have a first innings lead, not something you would have imagined an hour before stumps today! I can't see this game being anything other than a draw now, tbh.

He doesnt have a problem with left hand spin and left handed spinner Jadeja bowled him after KP offered no shot dry.gif

If anyone fancies the ashes next summer then -

http://www.lords.org/tickets/information-availability/2013-ashes-summer,1614,AR.html

get yourself in the ballot for Lords - I've put myself in for days 1-3, fingers crossed.

Watched the T20 this afternoon, what a fantastic game. India did well to get to 177, a total I thought England had no hope chasing. Lumb got the innings off to a good start, and Morgan came in and batted very very well. Didn't think it would happen when it came down to the last ball, but what a shot to finish it and win the game. Absolutely fantastic :D

Bangladesh have cancelled their tour of Pakistan owing to security fears - breaking news on Sky at the moment.

Aggers has tweeted this morning that CMJ died earlier on today.

Not my favourite commentator but another voice of childhood slips away.

Aggers has tweeted this morning that CMJ died earlier on today.

Not my favourite commentator but another voice of childhood slips away.

A true gentleman and scholar of the game, it's another sad day for cricket.

Not the best commentator we have ever heard, he used to get so many names wrong it could be a pain. But he was a true pro,somebody who loved and understood the intricacies of the sport. But as a writer in particular he was in his domain.I must be getting on,so many well known names are dying off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/20881346

Edited by capybara

• 5 weeks later...

If anyone fancies the ashes next summer then -

http://www.lords.org/tickets/information-availability/2013-ashes-summer,1614,AR.html

get yourself in the ballot for Lords - I've put myself in for days 1-3, fingers crossed.

You heard back yet? E-mail said end of January, which I suppose hasn't technically happened yet, but I'm not holding out much hope now.