The Cricket Thread

bewlay

England blew it as when you need 20 off 16 balls you back the batting team to get them but England did what they have done in the past and collapsed to lose by 5 runs.

Up next for England is two T20 matches against New Zealand on Tuesday and Thursday.

Good to see Kevin Pietersen scoring an unbeaten 177 for Surrey.

KevinPietersen130623CelebratesG300.jpg

Looks like even the Aussies couldn't stomach Arthur's bizarre bullshit any longer. Rumours that Michael Clarke has resigned from the selection committee too. This tour has all the hallmarks of a Mike Gatting one.

Lovely to see....

Rumours that Michael Clarke has resigned from the selection committee too. 

Not a rumour, heard it confirmed on the radio earlier

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Not having a reserve date for the final. Birmingham is hardly renowned for its weather.

As I said, they should've played on Saturday and had Sunday as reserve day. They still managed to get a game in though so no harm done. Would've been nice to get a full hundred overs in but no British city is guaranteed to be rain-free.

It's quite pleasant outside today and was not too bad on Saturday... Sod's Law I guess.

Not having a reserve date for the final. Birmingham is hardly renowned for its weather.

As I said, they should've played on Saturday and had Sunday as reserve day. They still managed to get a game in though so no harm done. Would've been nice to get a full hundred overs in but no British city is guaranteed to be rain-free.

It's quite pleasant outside today and was not too bad on Saturday... Sod's Law I guess.

This might work in Australias favour, Clarke wasn't the most popular captain and with him being off the selectors panel might help the team out. Didnt he original want their best WK Haddin dropped?

Lehmann was always a good batsman, dont know much about him as a coach, hopefully he might make the Aussies a bit more up for it.

This might work in Australias favour, Clarke wasn't the most popular captain and with him being off the selectors panel might help the team out. Didnt he original want their best WK Haddin dropped?

Lehmann was always a good batsman, dont know much about him as a coach, hopefully he might make the Aussies a bit more up for it.

Is Lehmann not a borderline racist?

He was overlooked by the Blazers from his home sate South Australia as really being not from the old school tie brigade. Queensland snapped him up and he took them to Sheffield Shield title in 11/12 Ryobi Cup (50 over) 12/13 Brisbane Heat BBL (T20) 12/13 and Decan Chargers in IPL. He captained Yorkshire one season and also helped them win County Championship. He will change Aussie cricket but whether in time for Ashes, perhaps for the series in Australia.

Compton has been left out of the squad to play Essex which starts on the 30th June.

Joe Root will open in this match.

For Compton his team Somerset will play Australia on 26th June.

Suspect that's significant. Wouldn't be surprised if Compton made it into the test side at 6, but Root's going to open for quite some time.

Arthur was a disaster and I think Lehmann will get the respect of the players much more easily. I just hope England are absolutely ruthless and destroy this mediocre Aussie side.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Arthur was a disaster and I think Lehmann will get the respect of the players much more easily. I just hope England are absolutely ruthless and destroy this mediocre Aussie side.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

That doesn't necessarily speak well of the players, or Lehman. Given the paucity of talent in the XI, for Micky Arthur to win 10 out of 19 tests was hardly disastrous. Off the field, well, quite.