The Cricket Thread

bewlay

How many of the Australian squad would make it into the England team? Other than Clarke, when he is fit, or maybe Watson, I can't think anyone else would be considered.

I'd take Watson in at either opener or 6.

I like Siddle as a bowler too.

How many of the Australian squad would make it into the England team? Other than Clarke, when he is fit, or maybe Watson, I can't think anyone else would be considered.

Not many would get in the squad, although I do think the Aussies have some decent fast bowlers. Their batting is weak.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I still find it amazing how the ECB get away with airbrushing Wales out of the team, nobody really seems to question it. I know they play a few games in Cardiff but thats about it

I still find it amazing how the ECB get away with airbrushing Wales out of the team, nobody really seems to question it. I know they play a few games in Cardiff but thats about it

To be honest, ive never heard a Welshman complain about this.

literally spitting feathers about bairstow getting picked ahead of compton.

Agree as he's done and doing well in the Somerset & Worcestershire warm ups. Barstow didn't do well against Essex.

Just typed out a large post which disappeared - didn't think that was supposed to happen anymore :/

Gist was I don't think Compo's face fits, I think he knows this with what he's saying in the press, and Bairstow isn't in the greatest of nick himself. Ashes prediction is 2-1 England.

In other news Scotland are still in with an outside chance of qualifying for the 2015 50 over world cup but probably need at least 1 win from their last 2 games- both against group leaders Ireland- to qualify automatically at this stage.

Well the Ashes start tomorrow, and though i will be lucky if i see much, it will be an interesting contest. Are the Aussies as bad as they are being made out to be? England cetainly have the better attack, but there batting still has the odd wobble or two.