The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Jimmy Anderson is an absolute legend. What a guy.

I remember the years when England struggled to bring on decent fast bowlers. Now they have a few more to chose from. But Anderson is a class act.

That certainly wasn't as clear cut a mistake as the Broad dismissal. The worst decision for England was Trott being given out in the second innings, that was a tad on the harsh side.

So the breaks have at best for England, evened themselves out. They've probably been slightly on the wrong end of them. Trott looked in great nick in the first innings.

That certainly wasn't as clear cut a mistake as the Broad dismissal.  The worst decision for England was Trott being given out in the second innings, that was a tad on the harsh side.

All three were shocking errors. In a way, Erasmus made the bigger howlers as he had time to use the technology and make considered decisions.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I remember the years when England struggled to bring on decent fast bowlers. Now they have a few more to chose from. But Anderson is a class act.

There was an interesting debate on the radio the other day about whether Anderson was England's best ever bowler. Attracted a bit of ire from the Trumanites, but when you look at it, he's definitely got a shout...

There was an interesting debate on the radio the other day about whether Anderson was England's best ever bowler. Attracted a bit of ire from the Trumanites, but when you look at it, he's definitely got a shout...

You could argue he would have been even better had he not been messed about for about three years as a permanent tourist/12th man while various substandard coaching gurus messed about with his action.

I missed the debate but can imagine what was said. Truman was quicker, had a better average and a superior strike-rate. Just very different bowlers but both very effective. Anderson is a most skillful operator and is absolutely crucial to England.

Anderson deserves a ten wicket haul. Finn not getting a look in.

Definitely think Cook is reluctant to use him.

Some effort from Anderson to bowl for almost 2 hours in this heat

A 10 wicket haul is pretty rare. I'd have thought Anderson would only have maybe 5 or 6 in his career.

He has had one test match ten wicket haul against Pakistan in 2010 and three at county level.

His test match one was five wickets in first innings and six in second.

( info nicked from the brilliant Cricinfo )

Edited by Tynieness

Get to 1pm, get within 50 then get to lunch at 1:30.

Then get the winning runs after lunch, whip the stumps out the ground, celebrate like the mad Australians you are.

Easy...