The Cricket Thread

bewlay

This has turned into such an interesting Test. If I was Aus I would look to pile on a quick 200-250 in maybe 30-40 Overs. Can be done if played like 20-20 stuff but tight. Then look to have a good 100+ overs at England with a lead off say 350-400.

Gives England a total to target and Aus a total to defend.

Shows you how tactical and technical this game is, not always pleasing/interesting on the eye but its engrossing!

Hope the rain stays away, will be an intriguing couple of days if it does. IMO the Aussies will bat til about 4.45-5 pm and see where that takes them, gives them the last hour or so tonight and all day tomorrow to get the 10 wickets they need. Ideally they want to give England a target that might act as a carrot and might lead to some of the England batsmen playing some risky shots.

I think they will need at least 400!

If the series was only 1-0 I would maybe agree, but with England retaining the Ashes with a draw then I can't see them doing anything other than coming out and trying to block their way through enough of the day tomorrow to get the draw.

Aussies making it hard for themselves with a daft run out for Smith. 292 lead with 5 wickets remaining.

Edited by peasy23

The draw looks like a certainty now IMO, unless England have an absolute catastrophic batting collapse tomorrow.

It depends on the weather, but 311 from 90 overs is hardly out of the question. It could still go either way.

I'm also presuming we get an overnight declaration, I'd be very surprised if we don't.

Guest The Phoenix
It depends on the weather, but 311 from 90 overs is hardly out of the question. It could still go either way.

I'm also presuming we get an overnight declaration, I'd be very surprised if we don't.

If the was a full day's play likely, I doubt the Aussies would declare but with a poor forecast their hand my be forced.