The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Debut wicket (belatedly) for Rashid. He's bowling excellently. Clearly a far better bowler than Ali. If he can bat, then that number 8 position should be his for the foreseeable future.

Ali down to five for Bairstow and Hales opening, I reckon, for South Africa.

Edited by Savage Henry

Yep, he's bowled excellently today, deserves more than one wicket tbh. Wood is usually as enthusiastic as they come, but this pitch has even killed him. Brilliant start from Anderson this morning too, no matter the conditions he somehow finds a way to get folk out.

Yep, he's bowled excellently today, deserves more than one wicket tbh. Wood is usually as enthusiastic as they come, but this pitch has even killed him. Brilliant start from Anderson this morning too, no matter the conditions he somehow finds a way to get folk out.

Got his second - should be his third - with a ball that spun quite a lot and took the edge.

FFS - I go to the shops with Pakistan at 150-odd/5 and I come back and they're 173 all out leaving England 99 to make in what should be 19 overs (confirmed) albeit with light an issue - bet all those folk taking easy money on the draw are regretting it now!

Alastair Cook - after a tumultuous period between losing the Ashes (and KP) down under and the captaincy of the one day side he's rediscovered his technique and made a complete comeback. Currently twelfth on the all time Test run scorers list he's not yet 31 and as long as he's only got Test cricket to focus on I don't see anything except a serious injury stopping him going all the way to the top.