The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Well. I got that wrong. Taylor and Buttler overcame a tough period from the Pakistani spinners to eventually cruise to a good victory.

Many an England ODI team has collapsed from that position when 4 down.

I thought England let Pakistan get too many with the bat in the end even though it was still a score to take before a ball was bowled.

No reason now not to press on and win the series as Pakistan have a crap record in the UAE

Mitchell Johnson retiring from international cricket. With immediate effect?

On his day absolutely electric. That 13/14 series he was a wolf among lambs with the English batting. Only the Saffas and Ozzies seem to still turn out really fast 93mph+ bowlers. Though poor old Mitch Starc, nearly cracked 100mph at the WACA and the duffer pitch gave him scant reward.

I think the Wanderers still has a little of its old meanness in it. Not many really bouncy fast pitches left in the world.

Bell dropped from the England squad, at 34 next year his career might well be toast. Compton and Ballance back in , Rashid dropped and Footitt in to compete for the 3rd seamer spot.

Guessing team as it stands would be

Cook

Hales/ Compton

Ballance

Root

Taylor

Bairstow

Stokes

Ali

Jordan

Broad

Anderson