The Cricket Thread

bewlay

12 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Agnew has been banging on about not writing the pitch off too early, but I’m not seeing anything to suggest it’ll get anything but flatter.  

It may be wishful thinking on a road, but with 166 added this morning, leading by over 100 already with two set batsmen, this could be a 300+ lead by tea. That’s a lot of pressure on Pakistan, who have spent a lot of time in the field and dropped Root, and would be a man down as the Pakistan spinner is out with the fever. 

1 minute ago, Sir Tarmo said:

It may be wishful thinking on a road, but with 166 added this morning, leading by over 100 already with two set batsmen, this could be a 300+ lead by tea. That’s a lot of pressure on Pakistan, who have spent a lot of time in the field and dropped Root, and would be a man down as the Pakistan spinner is out with the fever. 

658/3 is a bit silly, really.  I think another session at 5 an over and have Pakistan batting after tea will be the plan.   You can then go with five slips, as only one team can win from here.  

10 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Root gone for 262. 454 stand broken by a straight low one from Agha Salman. 703/4.

England now smashing it all over the place.  Could have a declaration sooner than I’d thought.  

Brook could well make a run-a-ball triple century here.  

Edited by Savage Henry

21 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

The only hope of a result here is for England to score about 800 and then it start to go sideways on day 5, which doesn’t look likely. What an abysmal pitch for test match cricket.

I do have to say, the captaincy of Pakistan from Masood has been poor. He’s gone far too defensive. 

Well first part done, the tail now having a thrash. Brook simply outstanding for his 300. Would think that the next wicket will bring a declaration, surely no point in sending Bashir or Leach out there.