The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Cook said he was going to bowl as well - which was clearly bollocks. It was obvious by about the 4th over that the pitch was not going to do anything.

Cook said he was going to bowl as well - which was clearly bollocks. It was obvious by about the 4th over that the pitch was not going to do anything.

Cook was bluffing. I really don't understand the NZ thinking on this at all. The ball MIGHT have done something in the first hour or so but it ight have done it through the air, it wasnt going to do anything off the pitch. The NZ batsmen showed they could stick a decent total on the board in thelast test, they have guys who can bat FFS, let them! Their bowling attack isn't horrendous but they toiled in the last teast on a batting strip and they are going to be depressed as f**k trying to get batsmen out on that thing. Unless England go on a gift spree again, which is looking unlikely, they are going to rack up a big enoughscore in the first innings to count out an NZ win. The pressure then goes on the NZ batsmen to deliver a big score, and the pressure of that can sometimes be enough to make a team crumble even if the wicket isnt giving the bowlers any help.

Hopefully the fucker will take a bit of spin then...

I was listening to Test Match Sofa last night. It's brilliant. They were aiming for pretty much 24 hours in a row of coverage, with Eng v NZ, Aus v Ind and WI v Zim, fucked over by the Indian weather.

Lots of grumbling about NZ intentionally preparing draw pitches as they are so pish it limits the damage.

England have been bowled out for 465 which included a good innings by Matt Prior(82).

Now it will be interesting to see how the England bowlers will do on this pitch and with about 30 overs left to play on day 2 lets hope Anderson and the rest of the bowlers get stuck in and get a few wickets.

NZ made to follow on, a pretty good effort by Englands bowlers and Broad in particular who has lost confidence since his foot injury. He bowled a good line in general even though the ball wasn't doing much of the pitch. Panesar got the odd ball to turn which will hopefully happen a lot more in their second innings. It is still a batsmens track by the look of it but if it does start to turn a bit then England should be winnign this weather permitting. You cant see NZ batting through seven sessions to save it.

Agreed. First time in a long time that Broad has looked fit and dangerous.

On a side note pleasing to see the Aussies getting another absolute chasing in the field. Xavier Doherty has to be one of the worst spinners in world cricket and I am thoroughly looking forward to the ashes.

The Ashes series will be fantastic. Australia might well be poor just now, but they will raise their game. It is certainly lovely tosee that shower of arrogant blowhard c***s in disarray at the moment all the same. <_<

Agreed. First time in a long time that Broad has looked fit and dangerous.

On a side note pleasing to see the Aussies getting another absolute chasing in the field. Xavier Doherty has to be one of the worst spinners in world cricket and I am thoroughly looking forward to the ashes.

The Ashes series will be fantastic. Australia might well be poor just now, but they will raise their game. It is certainly lovely tosee that shower of arrogant blowhard c***s in disarray at the moment all the same. <_<

Oh yes. Very much looking forward to this. England seem to have competition for places, whereas Australia have a bunch of unknowns. I see they've been retrying Phil Hughes... Lets see his stats in England.

As for the NZ game, Aggers is tweeting rain is on its way.

Australia trying their best to frustrate India at the end of day 5. India need 25 runs from the last 6 overs to win.

EDIT: Ended up getting there with 16 balls to spare. Dhoni and Jadeja started whacking it all over the place.

Edited by craigkillie

I don't think they can raise their game to anything approaching competitive.

I don't think england will lose a test match to them this summer... might scab a draw or two. 3 or 4 nil methinks.

What on earth was Cook thinking? Win the toss and bowl on quite possibly the flattest pitch youll ever see. Its never going to turn either. New Zealand could well post a monumental total here. Still Ross Taylor and McCullum to come in at some stage

Aggers and Co were going tonto on Englands performance after tea this morning.

The pitch is again to friendly for batting and to see any team take 20 wickets on this pitch I will be shock.

England`s best chance to win this series was lost due to bad weather in the 2nd test and I can see this test end in a draw. So a 0-0 test draw and I have been looking back and I have found England and New Zealand drew 0-0 25 years ago in 1988 over 3 test matches but for England`s last 0-0 was the 2 test match series in Zimbabwe in 1996.

I am looking forward to the 2 test match series against New Zealand at home in May this year where I would be confident about the pitches producing a result rather than draws.

Come on England and New Zealand prove me wrong that this test will not end in a draw.