The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Jeezo, poor lad. He did seem to clam up just a wee bit as he got close to 100, which is only natural.

England would probably have settled for 280 at the start of the day given the conditions, if you'd swapped Haddin and Agar's runs then the scorecard looks relatively normal.

But a wee bit of pressure on England now and the momentum with the Aussies, Cook's brain will have been doing overtime for the last 3 hours. However, still a good surface for batting on.

Edited by Fuctifano

2 pretty big calls for the 3rd umpire, both of which have gone the way of the Australians. Cracking Test, don't know who my money's on now.

edit: FWIW- I don't see how he can give the benefit of the doubt to Agar on the stumping and then not Trott on the inside edge, I thought both were out.

Edited by Fuctifano

I'm still not sure whether England have been stiffed on the Trott one- naked eye suggests it moved as it went past the bat and both batsman and on-field umpire were convinced he'd hit it. The 3rd umpire has to be 100% sure he hadn't hit it to overturn the original decision and I'm not sure he can be based on those pictures.

Bit amateur hour that side-on Hotspot not working though.

Could ask him to open the batting in the second innings...

Great effort from the youngster. Some red faces and embarrassed coughing amongst the batsmen at lunch I imagine.

And amongst some of the posters on here if the last few pages are anything to go by!

Cook and Pieterson have restored a bit of order to proceedings. Its got a wee bit slow - but hopefully KP will pick it up in the last hour.

William Hill now have England favourites again, but its swung back and forth over the first two days. If this is anything to go by it could be an incredible series.