The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Haven't we heard all this before! Fact is never ever right us off no matter how bad the poms may think we are ;):P And also thats Prior gone :)

Australia are terrible talent wise. Certainly as a batting outfit. Their bowling is OK.

The young fella has been amazing, but that's papered over the cracks of an innings that was heading for 120, littered with failures, until he came in.

Australia are terrible talent wise. Certainly as a batting outfit. Their bowling is OK.

The young fella has been amazing, but that's papered over the cracks of an innings that was heading for 120, littered with failures, until he came in.

I certainly hope the poms have the same blinkers on when it comes to cricket as you have so far when it comes to aussie cricket. As I said before don't ever ever right us off. When it comes to cricket as the saying says 'england invented it, we perfected it'. The poms cockiness hasn't really paid off so far. They aren't nowhere near as good as the press over there think they are.

. They aren't nowhere near as good as the press over there think they are.

I don't think anyone thinks this England side are a patch on the 2005 vintage or playing nearly as well as when they murdered Australia away in the last Ashes series.

There's still an enormous talent gap between England and Australia though. This is a desperately bad Australian side.

With such an obvious edge, many batsmen would have just walked off before the inevitable finger went up. I'm still in a state of shock. It's still not as bad as the two decisions by Erasmus yesterday because he had time to reflect and use the technology. I know from experience that edges off spinners are notoriously difficult to spot but surely Dar should have given that one.

With such an obvious edge, many batsmen would have just walked off before the inevitable finger went up. I'm still in a state of shock. It's still not as bad as the two decisions by Erasmus yesterday because he had time to reflect and use the technology. I know from experience that edges off spinners are notoriously difficult to spot but surely Dar should have given that one.

yeah! It was a shocker! Fair play to the Aussies for not letting their angerboil over and lose some stroppy runs. They've kept it quite tight, but I think the game is slipping away from them!

yeah! It was a shocker! Fair play to the Aussies for not letting their angerboil over and lose some stroppy runs. They've kept it quite tight, but I think the game is slipping away from them!

f**k them. Australians never walk for anything. Hopefully this introduces some proper nastiness into the proceedings.

Anyway, England have batted themselves into a good position now, if they can hang around another session or two they should be well over three hundred ahead and they should win. I thought Bell played one of his best innings out there today and he absolutely needed an innings like that. Broad is a fanny, but he is right not to walk, its up to the umpire to make the decision.

"The only time an Australian ever walks is when his car runs out of petrol." -Barry Richards

Evens it up a bit after Erasmus not being able to look at a 52" HD telly and not see Agar's foot still out his ground when he was on 6. If he'd given that out the game would probably be done by now.

I actually think Dar's a decent umpire but I read yesterday that there are only 4 umpires available for this series because all the others on the Elite panel are English or Aussie, so any bad blood with the umpires is likely to linger all series. Surely with the technology and TV coverage now they could pick from the lot of them and if any of them are getting it wrong consistently they get demoted- I know I'm a sad old traditionalist but you used to know the umpires like Dickie Bird and David Sheppard, however the current crop only get the ODIs now. Certainly not the days of Pakistan away in the 1980s when you had to knock the middle stump out the ground or have them caught on the boundary before the ump would give them!

They still do a decent job and I think the fact that there's been so much furore about 3 bad decisions in this test shows that.

As for the game, England heavy favourites now- even if Cook got steaming tonight and declared from the phone in the pub at 2am you'd say it was about 60-40 England at worst, so any more runs is just going to tilt it in their favour. Long overdue good knock from Bell- I can't believe he has 17 test hundreds, I'm off to cricinfo to look them all up and see how many I actually remember.

Michael Holding is spot on. Ramdin claims a spilt catch and is fined and suspended. Broad doesn't walk after middling one to slip and he's apparently well within his rights not to walk, in fact Hussain claims "he showed great courage" - jeezo. Its blatant double standards.

On a wee side note Andrew Strauss is defying my expectations and is actually brilliant to listen to.

Strauss is indeed excellent- I wish sky would get Botham to f**k though, he's only enjoyable when England are getting pasted and he goes in a huff. Blob Key is really good as well on the "2nd tier" of their commentators but probably isn't enough of a name to get on an Ashes gig.

Surprised they don't have an Aussie on the comms for a bit of balance (I know Tom Moody is doing the Verdict bit with RAGING Bob Willis). Presume Shane Warne is off playing poker or getting Botox'd oot his nut somewhere.

Re: Broad / Ramdin- there does seem to be more opprobrium from trying to claim a false catch than for not walking when both are trying to con the umpire.

Strauss is indeed excellent- I wish sky would get Botham to f**k though, he's only enjoyable when England are getting pasted and he goes in a huff. Blob Key is really good as well on the "2nd tier" of their commentators but probably isn't enough of a name to get on an Ashes gig.

Surprised they don't have an Aussie on the comms for a bit of balance (I know Tom Moody is doing the Verdict bit with RAGING Bob Willis). Presume Shane Warne is off playing poker or getting Botox'd oot his nut somewhere.

Re: Broad / Ramdin- there does seem to be more opprobrium from trying to claim a false catch than for not walking when both are trying to con the umpire.

Glenn McGrath is on TMS.

I wouldn't be walking for anything after the DRS f**k ups.

Warne is in Vegas, must have been in a poker game as he had f**k all clue what was going on according to his tweets.

f**k them. Australians never walk for anything. Hopefully this introduces some proper nastiness into the proceedings.

Anyway, England have batted themselves into a good position now, if they can hang around another session or two they should be well over three hundred ahead and they should win. I thought Bell played one of his best innings out there today and he absolutely needed an innings like that. Broad is a fanny, but he is right not to walk, its up to the umpire to make the decision.

Gilchrist always walked.

Sent from my C5303 using Pie & Bovril mobile app