The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Wish Sky would get an Aussie commentator.

Nasser, Strauss and now Athers... The balls doing nothing it's not swinging blah blah :bairn

They're getting nervous :thumsup2

Almost too nervous to watch. With every run scored, the more convinced I am that Australia will win this test match. In a way it is probably better for the series if they do as England are the better side. Fair play to the Aussies for digging in and giving themselves an opportunity.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Agree 100%, if England win this it will be a whitewash I feel but if Oz win the young squads confidence will increase to make for a better series.

This is more like it. 1st 10 overs with the new ball will be crucial I feel.

The new ball is flying off Haddin's bat. This is Australia's chance and now Agar is cashing in as well. Crucial stage of the match and Cook on the defensive. Aussies must fancy their chances with plenty of batting still to come.

First target for this partnership would be to get within 100 runs and then get to midday. Very close to both now, Agar really does look like he could be one of the best all rounders in test cricket in the years to come.

First target for this partnership would be to get within 100 runs and then get to midday.

Bah, got to neither :(

Right Starcy, wee 50 from you son and we're back on.

Agree 100%, if England win this it will be a whitewash I feel but if Oz win the young squads confidence will increase to make for a better series.

I think the same... if Australia don't win this one, I think it will be 5-0.

Get Haddin off strike and open up the other end. Starc likes to play a few shots so opportunities will come.

I think Aussie can take a lot of confidence from this test regardless of the result. If the umpire had called the Broad dismissal correctly it's pretty likely they would have won, them's the breaks.

This test has shown that there isn't the great gulf between the sides that a lot of experts claimed in the build up, and with the emergence of Agar Australians can take a lot of heart.

Starc out for 1 now, barring a miracle from Siddle or Pattinson that's surely it over.

I think Aussie can take a lot of confidence from this test regardless of the result. If the umpire had called the Broad dismissal correctly it's pretty likely they would have won, them's the breaks.

If the umpire had called the Agar dismissal in the first innings correctly they would already be drowning their sorrows in the nearest Australian themed bar.

I have serious man love for Jimmy Anderson.

I think it's time for a massive Haddin counter-attack. No point in just scratching around as Siddle and Pattinson will find scoring tough unless they hang around for a while.

This test has shown that there isn't the great gulf between the sides that a lot of experts claimed in the build up, and with the emergence of Agar Australians can take a lot of heart.

Starc out for 1 now, barring a miracle from Siddle or Pattinson that's surely it over.

On the other hand you can argue if the stumping of Agar & Trott LBW decisions had been dealt with correctly, but that has already been done to death.

England in recent times have continually started test series poorly before improving. Can Australia improve on this performance.. that remains to be seen.

If the umpire had called the Agar dismissal in the first innings correctly they would already be drowning their sorrows in the nearest Australian themed bar.

That certainly wasn't as clear cut a mistake as the Broad dismissal. The worst decision for England was Trott being given out in the second innings, that was a tad on the harsh side.

England in recent times have continually started test series poorly before improving. Can Australia improve on this performance.. that remains to be seen.

What's interesting is what they do with the batting line up. And if they pick two spinners at any point. Their quicks are never going to get a pitch with any real bounce, so it will be a Jimmy Anderson dominated series.

Warner coming back might help, but he's not got a great Test average either and England will be all over him.