The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Agree. Australia are not the team they were.Bowling attack is depleted. Mind you England do not often take 20 wks in a game. Harmison will need to improve,but then again he is playing at home,likewise Anderson who after a decent spell has in my opinion slipped back. Jones if fit could be an asset.

I think the West Indies tour will be crucial in preperation for the Ashes,but i think it should be a good tour in itself. Bell,s jacket on a shoogly nail.

As is Panesar's I suspect. With only one spinner against the Windies and the Australians, it seems to me that Swann has added to his reputation and strengthens the tail, whilst being no less likely on current form to take wickets.

This Johnson fellow seems to be taking wickets at a prodigious rate. He could be a thorn. As could Warne, should he choose to un-retire.

I think the West Indies tour will be crucial in preperation for the Ashes,but i think it should be a good tour in itself. Bell,s jacket on a shoogly nail.

I love the tours to the Windies. Nice to have cricket on at a decent time for people who work.

Remember the last tour there when Harmison ripped through the West Indies batting line up? 7 for 12 i think he took. Simply awesome bowling but I very much doubt he can hit those heights again.

A new tiebreaker was used earlier today in the WI vs NZ 20/20 match, which finished level.

Previously there would have been a bowl-out, but now there was a "super over"- essentially a 1-over match, one bowler and three batsmen per team. West Indies won 25 to 15 after Gayle flayed Vettori all over the park.

Think I preferred the bowl-out TBH.

2nd test is interestingly poised as well- Aus 280/6 after day 1, Ponting getting a ton, but yet another pair of failures from Hayden and Hussey.

SA about to go 2 up on the Aussies,may be a new man at the helm for the Ashes tour...

I think I might stay up and watch the first session of this although I'm back to work tomorrow. Be interesting to see if the Saffers' nerve holds when they're expected to do it. In the past they'd have folded but this lot seem to be made of stronger stuff.

Is three spinners not a little excessive?

He(Rashid) seemingly bats fair bit. He is a wrist spinner,so i think they want to give him some experience,not sure what the wickets will be like in the W Indies,i have read somwhere that they are not the hard fast tracks of old.

SA win in Aus tough times ahead for Rickie and the boys.

Australia's first home loss since West Indies (92-93)! :lol:

Looks like it'll be an unfamiliar outfit coming over for the slaughter next summer - just like '89! :o

I'm convinced Shane Warne will 'un-retire' for the Ashes. If he doesn't, with Hayden dropped and Brett Lee a shadow of his former self, I fancy England to win.

Of course, if Warne does come back, so will Vaughn.

I have to congratulate the Saffers, it was a shame both teams couldn't lose though.

I'm convinced Shane Warne will 'un-retire' for the Ashes. If he doesn't, with Hayden dropped and Brett Lee a shadow of his former self, I fancy England to win.

Of course, if Warne does come back, so will Vaughn.

I have to congratulate the Saffers, it was a shame both teams couldn't lose though.

Yeah an England team filled with players who only seem to turn on the style in favourable conditions versus an Australian one over-reliant on a couple of on the wane star performers.

Don't expect a Warne comeback or to see Hayden over for a bifftastic swansong :( but I'm sure Lee will be here wrapped in cotton wool - might be rested for the one-dayers.

Pietersons fallout with Moores is gettting worse.I thought it was a spat over the non inclusion of Vaghan in the W Indies touring party,seems to be wider than that.

Seems amazing that Pietersen was not included in the discussions regarding the selection of the squad for the W. Indies tour.

Pietersons fallout with Moores is gettting worse.I thought it was a spat over the non inclusion of Vaghan in the W Indies touring party,seems to be wider than that.

Go on Pietersen. I can't see one thing that Moores has added since taking over from Fletcher. I wonder if Fletch would consider taking his old job back?

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/england/con...ory/385633.html

Look like the skip has gone. This story confirms what Aggers was saying on 5 live this morning.Moores i think will follow.His posistion is untenable!!

More to follow im sure.

Unless, of course, the rest of the dressing room is behind him. Clearly they weren't behind KP, who seems a bit of a dick, to be fair.

Clearly they weren't behind KP, who seems a bit of a dick, to be fair.

Very much so. With Strauss now back in form he may well be the better candidate for captain.

I've always thought Pietersen was too flashy and self-obsessed for a captain.

cricinfo are reporting that Moores has also gone.

Edited to add: "Cricinfo understands that Andy Flower, Moores' assistant coach, will be offered the interim role for the West Indies tour, although it remains highly debatable whether he will accept the role in the current circumstances."

Edited by Yoss