The Cricket Thread

bewlay

That ended up being closer than I thought it would be when I went to bed. As said above, I can't imagine New Zealand would have batted so poorly if they faced a higher run chase.

Saw New Zealand play Scotland in Aberdeen a few years ago, I think Scotland barely managed to get past 100 before they were all out. Pretty sure it didn't last long past lunch. Good to see Scotland posting a respectable account of themselves.

I'm feeling fairly torn about the England game now. On the one hand I still want England to go ahead and win the whole thing (though obviously I know it's highly unlikely) on the other I would love to see Scotland get a test playing nation scalp.

That's a good fightback from the team, in both the batting and bowling senses, against one best teams in the world at present. Berrington and Machan played brilliantly to get to a respectable-ish total and to get 7 wickets is fairly impressive, even if NZ were just fannying around.

New Zealand came close to totally screwing that up.

Not really, they were fairly clearly going for a high Net Run Rate. They were never in any danger.

A decent recovery from a horrific start for Scotland but its hard to see where a win is going to come from. What do Ireland do that we don't? They're miles ahead of us.

Not really, they were fairly clearly going for a high Net Run Rate. They were never in any danger.

A decent recovery from a horrific start for Scotland but its hard to see where a win is going to come from. What do Ireland do that we don't? They're miles ahead of us.

In fairness NZ are streaks ahead of West Indies on current form