The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Looks like KP's England ban will continue and he won't be called up for the summer.

Madness considering he was told that if he moved back to County cricket and scored runs then he would be considered again.

Bit of a shambles from the ECB

The ECB are a total shambles it seems.

That said, I agree with dropping him. I just wish they'd actually come out and say "The reason he doesn't get picked isn't ability, it's because he's a total arsehole who causes nothing but division". Texting South Africa should have been the end of him, it was only because the ECB is a shambles that he survived that in the first place.

Andrew Strauss confirms Kevin Pietersen will not be recalled to play for England this summer.

Kevin Pietersen ends on 355* as Surrey has been bowled out for 557 with the 2nd highest score of the innings being Kumar Sangakkara 36.

Pietersen was 2 runs away from the record score from Surrey which was Bobby Abel 357* way back in 1899.

Get him in the team and let him score some runs. I've no doubt he's a p***k, but he's an extremely talented one. Who gives a f**k whether anyone likes him or the ECB(Strauss and Flower) don't trust him?

The ECB are a total shambles it seems.

That said, I agree with dropping him. I just wish they'd actually come out and say "The reason he doesn't get picked isn't ability, it's because he's a total arsehole who causes nothing but division". Texting South Africa should have been the end of him, it was only because the ECB is a shambles that he survived that in the first place.

to this day, KP hasn't been told the real reason why he was sacked. The ECB have covered up and created the "dossier" which was basically full of lies and exaggerated points.

England are struggling and could do with him but its their loss

Strong stuff from Boycott, don't think I've ever seen him that overt in his support of KP. Probably sees him as something of a kindred spirit.

The ECB must have been collectively facepalming as every run ticked over in his 355*. Say what you want but the guy has timing.

As Bearwithme said above, I don't think this going to end the issue at all, what happens if/when the talented NZ attack gives them a pre-Ashes lesson?

Maybe I've read too many conspiracy theories over the years, but it strikes me as odd (or very convenient depending on your viewpoint) the timing of Strauss' appointment. It's obvious that the ECB hierarchy don't like KP, so they've made sure that they've got in a director of cricket who won't pick him just in time before Graves officially starts on Friday and starts to open the door for KP again. Their PR is shocking, as is the amount of times that a big story leaks out.

Strauss looked supremely uncomfortable in his interview with SSN. It looks like strings are being pulled rather than it being his decision to get Pietersen back.

And so he should, because he is now siding with the liars in the ECB. It's not often 5live would read out a full newspaper column, but they read KPs latest effort out earlier. He's off to India on Friday for the latter stages of the IPL.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/kevinpietersen/11600580/Kevin-Pietersen-My-fury-at-England-deceit.html