The Cricket Thread

bewlay

It's a GPS tracker of some sort, looks kinda like a sports bra. For football I'd read it tracks distance run and heart rate, wouldn't have thought the former was so important in cricket.

The days of guys who can't field passed some while ago. Even someone relatively fit like Jonathan Trott looked awful in the field towards the end. The days of fat b*****ds at slip are gone, largely. I can quite see why this is valuable in cricket.

It's a GPS tracker of some sort, looks kinda like a sports bra. For football I'd read it tracks distance run and heart rate, wouldn't have thought the former was so important in cricket.

Your heart rate recovery time will have a bearing on how you bat or field. If you have been out for a bowl and are still blowing your chances of dropping a dolly are enhanced, rotating the strike with sharp singles, your changes of edging will go up. Identifying who needs more work on recovery or who should not be fielding in catching positions between bowls will be meaningful information.

Edited by dorlomin

Adam Lyth left out of the test squad

England Test squad: Cook, Ali, Anderson, Ansari, Bairstow, Bell, Broad, Buttler, Finn, Hales, Plunkett, Rashid, Root, Stokes, Taylor, Wood.

20 retweets7 favorites

Alex Hales gets his chance. I'm not convinced, but he could hardly do worse than Lyth.

Hayles has LBW in tests written all over him.

To be Devil's Advocate.

Shane Watson was the same, but played fifty odd tests. A susceptibility to the LBW is no more of a disadvantage than having a problem with the spinner or the short stuff.

Hales could be David Warner-lite. Only minus the casual racism, and with fewer shots.

Edited by Savage Henry

• 3 weeks later...

Australia eventually announce cancellation of Bangladesh tour due to security concerns. Will be interesting to what happens with for the Socceroos WC qualifier in November. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-01/cricket-australia-postpones-bangladesh-tour-security-concerns/6821730

Edited by Eednud

• 2 weeks later...