The Cricket Thread

bewlay

England bring up 350-3, Cook was dropped early on but to be fair it was a tough chance behind the stumps and Root survived an lbw review, ball was just clipping the stumps on the DRS so he stayed in on the umpire's call. Pitch still looks like a day 1 pitch and the outfield is dead slow.

This is really just about how many (more) records Cook can set now, although if he's still there at lunch tomorrow I don't think he'll have hit the 400.

That said, only England have a sniff of winning it now if Pakistan capitulate in their 2nd knock.

This is really just about how many (more) records Cook can set now, although if he's still there at lunch tomorrow I don't think he'll have hit the 400.

That said, only England have a sniff of winning it now if Pakistan capitulate in their 2nd knock.

I wonder what the record is for time spent on the field during a test match, Cook has been out there for every minute of play so far.

This is the sort of pitch that does nothing to counter any arguments against Test cricket. There did look to be a little rough on the pitch at last but it's far too late to make a difference I would think. Suspect England will bat until lunch (or maybe 150ish of a lead?) then somehow try and skittle Pakistan out in two sessions.

Edited by peasy23