The Cricket Thread

bewlay

I don't think there's any question that on a different pitch, England would hammer Pakistan. And that's entirely Pakistan's prerogative - every other test side prepares pitches to suit their best players.

I think England have shown a lot of progress this series.

Only Anderson & Broad (Rashid hasn't bowled enough to say either way) of the England bowlers showing much in the way of control. Pakistan's tactics will be to pick off the spinners, wear down the seamers and hope for a deteriorating pitch on the last day.

Edited by btb

106/2 - two quick wickets, that's the beauty of Test cricket.

Pipped to the post......

No matter what has happened in the shorter forms of the game the ebb and flow of Test cricket remains close to what it always has been, or at least since I've been watching it which going back to the late 70's. We should be going into Day 4 with all four possible results easily imaginable.

Edited by btb

Looks a fairly strong position for Pakistan. No doubt England would like some early wickets tomorrow....

Boycott always says add two wickets to the score to get a good gist of the state of play. I think England will be relatively happy. An early wicket or two and they'll be firm favourites.