The Cricket Thread

bewlay

England 262 all out.

Joe Root got his 8th ODI century which moves him level with Graham Gooch in 3rd place on England's all time list of century makers.

Most ODI centuries for England

1. Marcus Trescothick - 12 from 123 matches

2. Kevin Pietersen - 9 from 134 matches

3= Joe Root - 8 from 67 matches

3= Graham Gooch - 8 from 125 matches

4= David Gower - 7 from 114 matches

4= Eoin Morgan - 7 from 134 matches

England on top, SA now 143-5 and with not that much more batting to come you have to fancy England from here.

In SA's favour is that they are on track for the run rate, but a lot now rests on Wiese and Behardien.

Edited by peasy23

England made an arse of that, Morris was dropped on 14 and Morgan also missed a run out chance from yards away. Morris then goes on to get the scores level but gets out needing one to win. Tahir then comes in and scuds his first ball for a 4 to win it. Great entertainment.

Score 9, retire hurt, won't have to bat again in this match, retire full stop,annoy cricket historians for the rest of time.

BUT

Did you know Bradman's test average isn't the highest in history?

Step forward West Indian one test wonder (and someone I considered putting in my deadpool) Andy Ganteaume with 112.

Score 9, retire hurt, won't have to bat again in this match, retire full stop,annoy cricket historians for the rest of time.

BUT

Did you know Bradman's test average isn't the highest in history?

Step forward West Indian one test wonder (and someone I considered putting in my deadpool) Andy Ganteaume with 112.

Bradman's average famously dipped below 100 in his last game but

what's the highest that Bradman's average got to?

AB de Villiers century helped SA win the 5th ODI by 5 wickets to give SA a 3-2 series win.

This is only the 3rd time in a 5 match ODI series that a team has comeback to win from 2 down.

England women beat SA by 5 wickets to win the ODI series 2-1.

England need to be more ruthless, they finished the test series poorly and their mindset in the ODIs seemed to change after winning the first two easily. Should have taken more wickets today, a couple of chances (albeit difficult) missed at vital points of the match.