Independence For Scotland

Scotlands future.  

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Young people are asreholes and not to be trusted to pull their own plokers, i'm sure we can all agree with that.

I'd like to think that would be uncontested.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Young people are asreholes and not to be trusted to pull their own plokers, i'm sure we can all agree with that.

define young Ron im 27 so does that make mean Arsehole?

Guest Ron Burgundy
define young Ron im 27 so does that make mean Arsehole?

no you have no excuse for being simple.....27.....your in the army though so if we are being candid governments don't fill the army with intelligent people...it causes dissent when folk think for themselves.

no you have no excuse for being simple.....27.....your in the army though so if we are being candid governments don't fill the army with intelligent people...it causes dissent when folk think for themselves.

We should be far more selective on whom we allow to vote.

The last election was a step in the right direction by excluding the duffers who couldn't understand even that simple form.

if the scottish people want independence then who's to stop them?

Westminster.

I'll ask again, why do the SNP believe it is up to us to decide whether or not to end the union? I would really be interested to know. I've asked this several times on this board now and I've still not been answered. Why is this?

Guest Ron Burgundy

back to the matter in question a la Salmond being a dead duck in the water now...I see his main defense was to refer Wendy McChaos to the SNP manifesto pages 5 and 18 which contained details of the date they want to hold a referendum.

Strange that the same man mitigated for the lack of his ability to implement the 18 child maximum primary classes and inability to implement local income tax due to circulstances.

Circumstances have changed in the referendum debate so it should be equally understandable to work with the set of circumstances which are there is a holyrood consensus for referendum.

If he's actually saying we don't want it as we need more time to prove our case then thats pretty poor...they have had decades to cost, plan and prepare for power...it appears they have not.

Westminster.

I'll ask again, why do the SNP believe it is up to us to decide whether or not to end the union? I would really be interested to know. I've asked this several times on this board now and I've still not been answered. Why is this?

Because the logical answer is that the decision is up to the elected representatives of the people of all of the UK, and THAT would mean acknowledging that the SNP are navel gazing, power hungry reprobates who don't even have their own teeth or hair. :D

Because the logical answer is that the decision is up to the elected representatives of the people of all of the UK, and THAT would mean acknowledging that the SNP are navel gazing, power hungry reprobates who don't even have their own teeth or hair. :D

Thank you Mr Freud. You've confirmed my suspicions about why I haven't been answered all along ;)

Thanks i always wondered why the Square block would not fit in the circuler hole now i know im just dumb!

That may be true there are a lot of idiots in the Army however they do a great job when called upon Ask grant Mitchell :D

As my job requires intelligence i exclude myself from that bracket.

Guest Ron Burgundy
Thanks i always wondered why the Square block would not fit in the circuler hole now i know im just dumb!

That may be true there are a lot of idiots in the Army however they do a great job when called upon Ask grant Mitchell :D

As my job requires intelligence i exclude myself from that bracket.

listen mate I have nothing but he utmost respect for folk in the armed forces, they do a job in the worst possible circumstances with very little support frokm ungrateful wankers back home who say how terrible Iraq is over their tofu burger then vote labour again and leave you lot in the lurch. Then at the end of it all you get dumped with no support.

Plato talked about needing the young, fit and uneducated for armies in ancient greece...nothing has changed.

Westminster.

Maybe, because it affects the people who live in Scotland more directly than those (like myself) who live in other parts of the United Kingdom.

Whether it's deemed a devolved issue or not is neither here nor there. If there is a vote and a majority want independence then that is what should come to pass.

However, the chances are that even if the majority of votes were cast for independence, it would still be a minority of around, say 40%. I think if there is a referendum, there will be 3 choices just to make sure of diluting the vote.

Even if it was a straight yes or no question, I believe that the independence vote wouldn't get over 50%. However, anything is possible, as long as the SNP government can do wonders in the coming years. If they can't chances are it won't happen.

Maybe, because it affects the people who live in Scotland more directly than those (like myself) who live in other parts of the United Kingdom.

Whether it's deemed a devolved issue or not is neither here nor there. If there is a vote and a majority want independence then that is what should come to pass.

However, the chances are that even if the majority of votes were cast for independence, it would still be a minority of around, say 40%. I think if there is a referendum, there will be 3 choices just to make sure of diluting the vote.

Even if it was a straight yes or no question, I believe that the independence vote wouldn't get over 50%. However, anything is possible, as long as the SNP government can do wonders in the coming years. If they can't chances are it won't happen.

An independence referendum should contain a yes/no option and nothing else. Any other option is completely irrelevant to the question of independence.

The issue that the parliament does not have the legislative competence to do so is relevant. They are wasting their time with something they can't even legislate on.

listen mate I have nothing but he utmost respect for folk in the armed forces, they do a job in the worst possible circumstances with very little support frokm ungrateful wankers back home who say how terrible Iraq is over their tofu burger then vote labour again and leave you lot in the lurch. Then at the end of it all you get dumped with no support.

Plato talked about needing the young, fit and uneducated for armies in ancient greece...nothing has changed.

Thanks mate ive never understood why so many people here dislike the Armed forces.

Last year on a family holiday to Florida i was plesently shocked as to how much the public look after and respect both there and our Forces.

Quick one why when Salmond speaks out about the plight of soldiers in Iraq he is ridiculed, now i know he has no power over defence but he is the elected first minister of Scotland and in that he has an obligation to voice the concerns of the vast majority of its people.

back to the matter in question a la Salmond being a dead duck in the water now...I see his main defense was to refer Wendy McChaos to the SNP manifesto pages 5 and 18 which contained details of the date they want to hold a referendum.

Strange that the same man mitigated for the lack of his ability to implement the 18 child maximum primary classes and inability to implement local income tax due to circulstances.

Circumstances have changed in the referendum debate so it should be equally understandable to work with the set of circumstances which are there is a holyrood consensus for referendum.

If he's actually saying we don't want it as we need more time to prove our case then thats pretty poor...they have had decades to cost, plan and prepare for power...it appears they have not.

They had decades to spout a lot of shit, telling us all what a Utopia Scotland would be, knowing they would never have to deliver. Now they do have to (aw shit, how did that happen?) Calling for a referendum on Independence is about the only smart thing Bendy has done in her life. Call the fuckers bluff. The SNP are a one trick pony. They were fading into obscurity and had to get their pony back at the helm. Without Salmond the electorate were starting to realise that there was no talent in the party.

Guest Ron Burgundy
Thanks mate ive never understood why so many people here dislike the Armed forces.

Last year on a family holiday to Florida i was plesently shocked as to how much the public look after and respect both there and our Forces.

Quick one why when Salmond speaks out about the plight of soldiers in Iraq he is ridiculed, now i know he has no power over defence but he is the elected first minister of Scotland and in that he has an obligation to voice the concerns of the vast majority of its people.

Thats why he says most about things he has no actual control over as he is simply trying to create bad feeling.

They had decades to spout a lot of shit, telling us all what a Utopia Scotland would be, knowing they would never have to deliver. Now they do have to (aw shit, how did that happen?) Calling for a referendum on Independence is about the only smart thing Bendy has done in her life. Call the fuckers bluff. The SNP are a one trick pony. They were fading into obscurity and had to get their pony back at the helm. Without Salmond the electorate were starting to realise that there was no talent in the party.

I think it verges on genius...the fat ballbag has been neutered.

He claims in interviews there is an 85% consensaus for a referendum...well stop stifling the will of the people who want it ..... it's not his decision to wait till he thinks it suits him better.

He claims in interviews there is an 85% consensaus for a referendum...well stop stifling the will of the people who want it ..... it's not his decision to wait till he thinks it suits him better.

It is, though. That's how leadership works.

Thats why he says most about things he has no actual control over as he is simply trying to create bad feeling.

Or trying to be a voice for lots of people who are being ignored.

I think it verges on genius...the fat ballbag has been neutered.

He said when it will happen and he should stick to it the Snp were elected on there manifesto now i know 12 months in Labour think all the manifesto commitments should be completed however there in power for 4 years!

As for choosing what suits them best is that not what the Westminster govenment have been doing for years Iraq, europe etc do what they want when they want just f**k the people opinion.

it's not his decision to wait till he thinks it suits him better.

As swampy said, it is his decision. He won the election, he is the first minister, he is in the driving seat.

An independence referendum should contain a yes/no option and nothing else. Any other option is completely irrelevant to the question of independence.

The issue that the parliament does not have the legislative competence to do so is relevant. They are wasting their time with something they can't even legislate on.

If a majority in Scotland decide on independence then it should be allowed to happen by the Westminster government.

...and if it's a yes/no question then a majority should be 51% of the people who actually bothered to vote.

Archived