Football Kits Rip Off

Guest bernie

emigrate or comarisions, does it really matter?

Well done for being todays smart ass.

I like the blue and yellow diamond pringles best- what do you prefer?

What is the equivalent of equivelent ?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and the second hurricane of the season, hurricane Bertha, is hovering in the Atlantic at the moment expected to land on Wednesday.

I wonder if Gordon Strachan would be open to a trip over there in the next day or two, all expenses paid.

Someone at a Disney resort complaining about corporate rip offs... HA! the irony

The biggest rip-off I've seen was down at Royal Ascot a fortnight ago. My brother lives in Ascot, so we went to see him and his new house as the primary reason to go, and as a day out, went to the races. Feck sake. Can of warm Heineken - £3.60. Glass of champers £10. Burger & chips £8.50. Glass of Pimms & lemonade £4.90.

Nightmare. The champers and Pimms at our new stadium had better be cheaper. :lol:

Guest bernie
I don't eat them so I cannot comment. What flavour are the blue and yellow diamond ones?

Plain or is it plane- who knows?

Someone at a Disney resort complaining about corporate rip offs... HA! the irony

Really.

Ok here goes...we went for dinner at an exclusive restaurant, the California Grill in the 5 star Disney Contemporary Resort. It was probably the most protentious place I've eaten in for a few years. We each has Sushi, then a starter, then more sushi, a main course of halibut, two bottles of 1978 Reisling, polished off with a dessert and the standard latte coffee to finish. Meal for four cost $150 including the tip - so approx £75.

On the way back from Manchester yesterday we stopped at a pizza place just off the M6 motorway. We had a cheeze pizza where the cheese part was apparently heavilly rationed, had some soft drinks and a small side salad that looked as withered as my feet do after two weeks hard walking. Total cost £67.95.

Disney resorts are only rip offs if you are willing to compare the price of their fine dining against a Ponderosa or Cracker Barrel outlet two miles away. Ofcourse that's like comparing the Ivy with your local McDonalds but hey some folk aren't that fussy... :rolleyes:

Being a big baseball and US football fan I often purchase jerseys of my favourite teams. Either online or I get people to bring them back for me.

I've had to pay in the region of $90 for a baseball shirt and over $100 for an american football shirt.

I think the fact that "soccer" is still relatively unsupported in the US would be a big reason for cheap shirts. Where as the jerseys of the sports they actually like they still get fleeced as much as we do.

MLS is a growing sport - in order for it to survive (and therefore for sponsorship of a team to be economical) it needs to get punters in the door that normally wouldn't go - therefore it needs anything to attract them - and cheap strips will do that. Went once - bought a strip cos it was cheap - feel a bit of loyalty - will go back - etc.

It's not really a straight comparison to SPL football, where there is little untapped market. What's the point in selling a strip cheaply when the same punter will buy it whether it's £30 or £40? A better comparison would be replica American Football or basketball tops.

Being a big baseball and US football fan I often purchase jerseys of my favourite teams. Either online or I get people to bring them back for me.

I've had to pay in the region of $90 for a baseball shirt and over $100 for an american football shirt.

I think the fact that "soccer" is still relatively unsupported in the US would be a big reason for cheap shirts. Where as the jerseys of the sports they actually like they still get fleeced as much as we do.

Beat me to it - but excellent point and incisive analysis nonetheless.

Guest bernie

Maybe you should have tried an "exclusive " restaurant instead of that cheap Italian crap.

A good pre theatre or 3 course lunch at the Ivy will only set you back about £25

Beat me to it - but excellent point and incisive analysis nonetheless.

I've been going to the USA for the last 11 years, and agree with the posts above - the price of an NFL replica top isn't cheap. I just ignored them and bought a few T Shirts of my favourite teams instead.

MLS is a growing sport - in order for it to survive (and therefore for sponsorship of a team to be economical) it needs to get punters in the door that normally wouldn't go - therefore it needs anything to attract them - and cheap strips will do that. Went once - bought a strip cos it was cheap - feel a bit of loyalty - will go back - etc.

It's not really a straight comparison to SPL football, where there is little untapped market. What's the point in selling a strip cheaply when the same punter will buy it whether it's £30 or £40? A better comparison would be replica American Football or basketball tops.

Ok so why can I go to Portugal and buy a Benfica top for less than half the price I can buy say a Clyde top in the UK? Why was a growing club like Gretna selling football tops for prices that were similar to that of Celtic? Why would a club like Aberdeen with a falling fan base not cut their mark up on tops in a bid to attract back the same kind of loyalty that "growing clubs" feel the need to get in the US?

The UK seems to be full of football club directors who take the lazy cheap way out. "We've lost supporters again this year cause we were shit so what we'll do is we'll charge those left behind a bit more to cover the losses". :rolleyes:

Ok so why can I go to Portugal and buy a Benfica top for less than half the price I can buy say a Clyde top in the UK? Why was a growing club like Gretna selling football tops for prices that were similar to that of Celtic? Why would a club like Aberdeen with a falling fan base not cut their mark up on tops in a bid to attract back the same kind of loyalty that "growing clubs" feel the need to get in the US?

The UK seems to be full of football club directors who take the lazy cheap way out. "We've lost supporters again this year cause we were shit so what we'll do is we'll charge those left behind a bit more to cover the losses". :rolleyes:

I won't pretend to be an expert on this but why do people going to Spain insist on buying the cheap knockoff Barca shirts if the real things are so cheap??

Every fucking year some family member brings these hideous knockoffs home for my kids.

April 2008

NHL Philly Flyers (spit) jersey - £60

Seat high up in the corner at the Wauchovia Center to watch the above spawnily win against the Devils - £58

America didn't seem as cheap this time around as when I was last there - and that was only a year before (and at the same exchange rate).

Archived