Championship Manager

ICTChris

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BCityfan

I'm still on my Brechin game, finally into the SPL after 4 seasons :D

I finished top of the league by 24 points, ahead of Forfar, Airdrie Utd and Stenny were relegated.

I'm planning on extending my wee 3960 capacity stadium in time for the new season, things are looking up!

Oh, and my striker, Graham Gibson, is permanantly on form- 142 appearances, 137 goals in the 4 years I've managed him.

Found Europe and Argentina far too easy - now struggling as Gangneung City in the South Korean Division 2, where no foreigners can be played. Aiming to finish 5th then sign a new striker and attacking midfielder, and switch to a 4-3-1-2, in order to challenge next season.

A have been playing it for a while and the best team a created was, ofcourse, Queens. A have won the SPL twice, the UEFA cuo and the champions league. The only players a have got when a started are Colin Scott, Paul Burns, Garry Wood and Alex Burke. Garry Wood is excellent. A signed Charlie King fae Brechin for £12k and he has been superb. He has been my best buy. A also got Martin Palermo and Paulo Montero after a won the UEFA cup on Bosmans.

halfway through my third season as shire manager and im sitting top 11 points clear in the third division. won the bells cup this season and probablly will go up. not signed a lot of players because i like small squads for some reason. i had brian mcginty but released him at christmas as he had played 19 games and scored 0 goals. flop :lol:

my team is

chris todd

roddy maughn....david harvey(falkirk)......stephen oates......graham mclaren

tom bennett(boston utd).....sean mcauley....ian mcdonald(east fife)....sean kilgannon(dunfermline)

willie falconer......gregor black(stenny)

subs: stuart kelly, derek ure, scott livingstone, steven thomson, jon connolly(gk)

Started off as manager of scotland and took them to the 1/4 finals of Euro 2004 but got bored of the national tewam half way through the 04?05 season so took over at a struggling Ayr utd who were sencond bottom of the 2nd div. only losing 2 after i took over i won the league and the Scottish cup Knocking out celtic in the semis and rangers in the final. into the next season and Ayr were back in the first. i started off slowly but gathered points where ever i went. At the end of the season i had taken ayr to the semi finals of the uefa cup getting knocked out by eventual winners ac milan! Kean finished top scorer in the tournament and McGrady best ratings! i walked the first division and also won the Challenge cup, League cup and for the second time the scottish cup again knocking out BOTH the old firm! a very succesful campaign! into the SPL and another extremly sucesful season as i won the SPL, League cup and Scottish cup and reaching the 1/4 finals of the uefa cup getting knocked out by newcastle who won the cup. i have not been playing for awhile so this is as far as i have got at the moment but in the close season i had planning permission for a new stand turned down and knocked back an offer from celtic! i also play 442 with wingers!

Beat Arsenal 2-1 at Goodison with Radzinski and Rooney scoring. This set up a clash with top of the table Man Utd at Old Trafford, which I lost 5-0 :( Fooking horsed, Davids, Anelka, Giggs and Ronaldo ripped me to bits :angry:

Rooney is also knackered after banging in 11 goals in the first 14 games. I rested him for my next game and gave him a week off, we still won, 3-1 at home to Birmingham. :D James McFadden was again superb setting up Radzinski for a double.

Tobias Linderoth is being a c0ck though, demanding first team football. I was on the brink of selling him to Deportivo but teh two players I was going to get for him didn't want it, meaning I lost out on the £2.7m transfer fee :angry:

I do still need a quality centre-half though, might see if I can get rid of Stubbs, Weir or Unsworth in a swap+cash deal for that Dawson boy from Forest B)

Guest BCityfan
Tobias Linderoth is being a c0ck though, demanding first team football. I was on the brink of selling him to Deportivo but teh two players I was going to get for him didn't want it, meaning I lost out on the £2.7m transfer fee :angry:

Aye thats a right b*****d! :angry:

There should be an option "F'ck the players, gimme that fee" :P

In the 1st Season with Queens:

signings have been;

Alex Williams

Billy McKinlay

Mike Duff

Scott Walker

Alex Martin

Austin McCann

Jim Sherry (exchange)

Willie Millar

Chris Scott and Willie Gibson both left the club.

Started off well with a three clean sheets, winning 1-0 at Berwick in Bells Cup, beating St Mirren 1-0 at Palmerston in the league and then 3-0 at home to Hamilton in the league cup. The unbeaten run was stretched to 7 games with draws at Partick and at home to Raith on league business before finally losing at Airdrie 2-1.

That started off a really bad run, crashing 3-0 in Perth in the QF of the Bells Cup, then a narrow home defeat to Clyde through a late goal and then a 4-0 hiding at Falkirk. 3 points were gained with a 2-0 win at home to Hamilton before losing 4 on the bounce conceding 16 goals in four league games including a 6-1 thumping at St Johnstone.

My job was becoming under increased pressure and slightly insecure.

A gutsy 3-3 draw at Love Street kept me in a job for another week before winning 7 league games in a row including a 3-0 win at Broadwood and 2-0 over bottom side Hamilton. Two home wins over St Johnstone and St Mirren was followed by a 2-2 draw at Firhill with Partick coming from 2 goals down to earn a draw. Raith were defeated at Palmerston 1-0 thanks to a Tommy Enlgish effort to earn an undeserved win before a 2-2 draw away to Airdrie.

So 11 games unbeaten just now and Hamilton at home next.

League P22 W9 D6 L7 F40 A42 Pts 33 (position 4th)

11 points behind leaders St Johnstone and 8 points above the relegation zone.

Back on track after a shaky mid season crisis.

The unbeaten run stretched to 12 with a 3-1 home win over Hamilton. But 13 was the unlucky number as Queens found themselves 3-0 down at half time in Dingwall, a brave fightback got the score back to 3-2 but County held on and QoS were finally defeated.

The following week Queens travelled in hope to 5th placed SPL side Hibernian but were easily beaten 3-0. The side got back to winning ways with a 3-0 home win over Clyde before crashing 2-0 away to Falkirk. A late Brian Reid header earned a good point at runaway leaders St Johnstone. Back to back wins away to Raith Rovers 3-1 and a 3-0 home win over Airdrie helped Queens as they continued to push up the table before losing at Love Street, again as at Ross Co they were 3-0 down at half time before two goals in the second half gave QoS hope but excellent goalkeeping from Kenny Arthur earned Saints three points. A Derek Whyte own goal gave Queens 3 points at home to struggling Partick Thistle but the inconsitency continued as relegated Hamilton earned a rare 2-1 home win.

Home wins over Fakirk (2-1) and Ross County (4-1) and a 1-1 draw at relegated Clyde sent Queens into third.

On the final day of the season champions St Johnstone came to Palmerston and earned a 1-0 victory thanks to a early Stephen McConalogue strike. Alex Williams missed a late spot kick which would end up costing Queens 2nd place.

Overall a decent season with a high finish after a shaky mid season spell.

P36 W16 D8 L12 F66 A59 Pts 56 (3rd)

Top Scorer David Mcniven 17 goals

Top League Scorer Chris Armstrong 17 goals

Player of the Year Chris Armstrong

Biggest Crowd 3950 v Hamilton at Palmerston

Lowest Crowd 1175 v Arbroath at Palmerston (Bells cup)

Average Crowd 3294

Archived