Championship Manager

ICTChris

I got bored with my ongoing SPL campaign as ICT and started a new game as manager of Hamilton Accies. I have guided my club to the top of Division Two despite us being relegation favourites, and also put Killie out of the CIS cup before dominating DUnfermline and losing to a stunning Skerla header :(

I have won my last seven league games in a row and have by far the best defence in the league. I am also unbeaten in the last 10 league matches. :D

My team lines up as:

-----------------------McEwan-----------------------

--Whiteford--Lumsden----Diamond---Hodge------

--McPhee-----Sherry-------Convery---Corcoran---

----------------Gribben------Carrigan---------------

Sherry has been a revelation in midfield, McPhee and Corcoran rip the pish down the flanks. I have Zander Diamond, Barry Hodge and Dave McEwan on loan from SPL clubs, so I am a bit worried about when they go back. Diamond is brilliant! Gribben is one of the leading scorers in the Division with 10 goals, Carrigan has 6 or 7 goals and is one of the leading suppliers of assists.

I wished I'd heard of Albion Rovers player Paul McManus when I started - he has a finishing rating of 18 and is worth £150,000, I should've tried to pinch him from the Rovers in the close season when he was out of contract :(

Anyone else playing CM at the moment?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BCityfan

Yep, I'm playing it at the moment.

Surprise surprise I am Brechin City, I'm just into my third season and I am still in the 1st division where I started. I finished 6th in my first season, with Graham Gibson netting 22 goals, and the next season I finished 7th, with Graham Gibson netting 36.

Graham Gibson is excellent on my game, he started off with a value of £32,000 and now he is worth £300,000 and can't stop scoring.

I have only spent £24,000 on players and that was for Gary Bollan, apart from that, I haven't spent a penny and I have a healthy balance of £1.2 million, I just kept saving.

I am 4 games into my third season, winning the first 3, then losing 2-0 to Falkirk, so I dropped down to 2nd. :)

Far too easy to succeed in the European leagues. There is a wealth of good players available ludicrously cheap, and managers in Scotland never seem to wise up to a nice flank-based 4-4-2.

If anyone wants a challenge, play a South Korean team and start in their 1st division, as league rules permit no foreigners AT ALL in the team.

First I went East Fife, I won the 2nd division in my first season by a mile, in the second season, I got a huge lead at the top of the 1st division, only to let Falkirk claw it back so they were 3 points behind me and me with a better GD by 5. And I was going to Brockville on the last day. I lost 2-0 so still won the league.

In the SPL, I got comfortable mid-table positions for 2 seasons and then challenged, unsuccesfully, for the tilte. I got into the UEFA Cup, beating some Ukranian team then Marseille before I lost to Ajax, still beat them, at Bayview mind. :D they built a statue of me outside Bayview, anyone else got a statue? :rolleyes:

The thing was, I still had most of the team I started with. Decent signings were David White from Brechin and Craig Brown from Alloa.

Now I'm Raith Rovers (me and my friend throw a pen at a piece of paper to decide which teams we go btw, I didn't pick them ;) ). Despite having no money to spend and being 25-1 shots, I won the 1st diviiosn in my first season. Now, my team is full of loans and free transfers but I'm doing OK in the SPL.

Like Nacho, I always play 442, with wingers, never fails. B)

I went Cowden and got us to third in the spl. I won the League Cup and got to the semis of the Scottish. In the Uefa cup I beat West Ham and then went through on away goals against Rapid Vienna.

I got a statue built after I won the League Cup as a 1st Division team.

Same here - I won the League Cup with Saints in my first season, as well as the championship. Sitting mid-table in the SPL at the moment, but I'm on a horrendous run of defeats at the moment.

I'm starting to get bored of that game though, and I'm looking for a team to start afresh with in the Scottish Leagues. Any suggestions (any league, but preferrably a wee challenge - not East Stirling though!)

Start as one with a lot of debt.

BTw, Ricky Waddell is a fabulous winger in CM03/04. Cheap as hell from Partick, and a great performer at European level. Players all have "hidden" stats in CM03/04, and his seem to be based around his mazy solo-run ability. That's how I got a UEFA cup spot, and two 2nd place Champions League spots in my first 3 seasons in the SPL as Morton (I then got bored and started again as MSV Duisburg, who are mid-table Bundesliga. I'm finding this harder than the Scottish league as I don't know as many players. But 4-4-2 still got me the Bundesliga 2 championship in my first season.)

Same here - I won the League Cup with Saints in my first season, as well as the championship. Sitting mid-table in the SPL at the moment, but I'm on a horrendous run of defeats at the moment.

I'm starting to get bored of that game though, and I'm looking for a team to start afresh with in the Scottish Leagues. Any suggestions (any league, but preferrably a wee challenge - not East Stirling though!)

If you're playing an unpatched version of CM03/04 you might find it harder to claw it back than most. Morale plays a HUGE role in runs of defeat/success and apparently patches made it easier to regain and lose.

Pissing over everyone with Falkirk in the 4-4-2

1st div champs x 1

SPL Champs x 4

UEFA Cup winners x 1

Scottish Cup winners x3

League cup winners x 5

Champs League Semis x 2

At last count, 12 players in the Scotland squad.

Knocked back the England job.

Will be chapping the MD at Falkirk's door for a job as manager shortly. :lol:

Will be chapping the MD at Falkirk's door for a job as manager shortly.

Most UK lower league management positions get at least 5 applications from CM addicts each time the jobs are advertised.

Pissing over everyone with Falkirk in the 4-4-2

1st div champs x 1

SPL Champs x 4

UEFA Cup winners x 1

Scottish Cup winners x3

League cup winners x 5

Champs League Semis x 2

At last count, 12 players in the Scotland squad.

Knocked back the England job.

Will be chapping the MD at Falkirk's door for a job as manager shortly. :lol:

Not the world's most realistic simulation then, is it? :rolleyes::P

If you're playing an unpatched version of CM03/04 you might find it harder to claw it back than most. Morale plays a HUGE role in runs of defeat/success and apparently patches made it easier to regain and lose.

Yeah nacho, I found that before in CM4 and CM03/04 before the most recent patch, but now I've found that it just needs a wee change in formation, or a narrow win against anyone to give them a kick up the arse! :P

I'm probably going to start a new game tomorrow - I'm either going to go M*rt*n or Berwick (no reason, just the first two lower league teams I thought of!). ;)

McEwan, Hodge and Diamond have returned to LIvingston, Dundee and Aberdeen respectively and I'm still kicking bottom B)

Brought in youngsters and we're still brilliant. Jim Sherry is fantastic, the best midfielder in the division, Brian Carrigan is superb up front and with Corcoran and McPhee wreaking havoc down the wings I'm unbeatable :D

I still only have £6,000 to spend on players though :lol:

Stick with wingers 442!!

5 seasons at Falkirk

1 1st div title

2 Prem titles

2 Scottish Cups

2 League Cups

1 treble season

1/4 finals of Champions League

Moved To Notts Forest

1st Div title

Made Scotland Manager

Jumped ship to Man City next season

Saved them from relegation and turned £24m debt into £3m in the bank.

SACKED

Bizzarely offered Man Utd job but became Assistant Manager.

Offered Liverpool job

1/2 final of Champ League

Won Double in 2nd season

Won European Championship with Scotland (in England!)

Lee Miller scored winner.

Still no statue :angry:

Aim is to roar back to Westfield and take over from player manager Jens Jeremies!

Archived