Official P&b Cycling Thread

51 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe cyclists should pay the equivalent of road tax before moaning about the condition of the roads.

An excellent point.    Normal folk pay more transportation tax than bikalists.     

If your wanting the use our fooking road, here's the 3 point plan:   

1.   Get a 2nd job.   
2.  Ditch the fetish gear and buy some trousers with pockets.  
3.  Put your hand in your pocket and pay for the fuckin roads!    

...and have a fuckin' wash.  Mink paupers.   

35 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

An excellent point.    Normal folk pay more transportation tax than bikalists.     

If your wanting the use our fooking road, here's the 3 point plan:   

1.   Get a 2nd job.   
2.  Ditch the fetish gear and buy some trousers with pockets.  
3.  Put your hand in your pocket and pay for the fuckin roads!    

...and have a fuckin' wash.  Mink paupers.   

A second job, according to proper surveys we earn substantially more than the average wage! We have to leave some money for the minimum wagers like yourself!

How much VED do you pay for the Pro’Ceed?

Edited by statts1976uk

11 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

V.E.D is a tiny fraction of overall road tax take.    

We both know there is no such thing as road tax and I think we’ve established that you do not pay VED for your Kia. Good for you on that one, I would like to reduce mine and probably will come June when it comes time to replace mine.

1 minute ago, statts1976uk said:

We both know there is no such thing as road tax and I think we’ve established that you do not pay VED for your Kia. Good for you on that one, I would like to reduce mine and probably will come June when it comes time to replace mine.

So thus far we've established that:   

1)  Car drivers contribute more in V.E.D.    

I contribute several thousands of pounds via fuel duties and VAT on petrol to the overall road tax mix.    The total road tax receipts in the UK is circa £50 BILLION POUNDS.    Cyclists pay nothing.   

The DVSA turned in a profit of £30 million last year.   Cyclists contribute nothing.     

These roads are ours.   We fund them.    

Either pay up or GTF.   

I think you’ll find I pay more than my fair share. Once again there is no such thing as road tax, if you were an accountant you would know this. Smokers probably contribute more to the economy through their addiction but fresh air isn’t exclusively theirs. How much damage is your CO2 and NOX contributing to the atmosphere, your contribution through your VED is supposed to help towards the damage you do. How much damage to the road is caused by cars, very little is caused by the cyclist.

Should the users of red diesel be banned from occasionally veering onto the road because they don’t pay their fair share? As proven in many surveys by respected bodies such as the LSE (London School of Economics) that cyclists not only are mainly car drivers but contribute more through their generally higher incomes. I pay a fortune in APD and the associated VAT so I demand that everything over ground level belongs to me!

How much direct contributions through your VED do you personally pay?

Edited by statts1976uk

I think you’ll find I pay more than my fair share.

Deleted the waffle.   

You will pay your share of road-fuelled taxation if you drive 30,000 miles plus per annum.   You would have paid your way.   

Several times you've suggested cyclists are the richest in society, yet you want them to contribute the least in road taxation.    

You make IDS appear compassionate.  

2 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Deleted the waffle.   

You will pay your share of road-fuelled taxation if you drive 30,000 miles plus per annum.   You would have paid your way.   

Several times you've suggested cyclists are the richest in society, yet you want them to contribute the least in road taxation.    

As discussed before I did do 30k+ in mileage last year.

How much VED do you pay for your Kia? It appears that you pay nothing in compulsory vehicle duties.

Edited by statts1976uk

As discussed before I did do 30k+ in mileage last year.

Perhaps why I said this :1eye

3 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

Deleted the waffle.   

4 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

a £120 for you Kia Pro’ceed diesel? Imagine all the roads we can built and repair with that! They should build you an exclusive lane!

Try and keep up.   

VED contributes very little to the overall road tax take.    

I contribute more road tax than you.    Probably over £8000 per annum.