Official P&b Cycling Thread

Dales Cycles sale starts on the 27th December,with everything at least 20% off and some things including ex demo bikes, up to 50% off!

I'll be hot footing it to their Glasgow store for the 9am opening on the 27th ;)

Out this morning in far from perfect conditions and did a rather hilly 29 miles!

Happy Christmas to all the P&B cyclists :cheers

Edited by Unleash The Nade

Dales Cycles sale starts on the 27th December,with everything at least 20% off and some things including ex demo bikes, up to 50% off!

I'll be hot footing it to their Glasgow store for the 9am opening on the 27th ;)

Went through first thing this morning and tbh,sales was quite shite.

Some ex demo bikes were heavily discounted , (with some decent offers) and my mate bought a Specialized Roubix,reduced from £1699 to £1299.

However,the majority were "selected" lines with a 20% discount,which in todays sale standards,isn't that much.

Just ended up buying another pair of Endura shorts,as I recken other things like tyres I was looking for, could be bought cheaper on the web,even not at sale price!

Went through first thing this morning and tbh,sales was quite shite.

Some ex demo bikes were heavily discounted , (with some decent offers) and my mate bought a Specialized Roubix,reduced from £1699 to £1299.

However,the majority were "selected" lines with a 20% discount,which in todays sale standards,isn't that much.

Just ended up buying another pair of Endura shorts,as I recken other things like tyres I was looking for, could be bought cheaper on the web,even not at sale price!

I reckon the notion of high street 'sales' is now a bit disingenuous. As you say, shop around online and can find better deals at any time throughout the year.

You lose the hands-on element, but I can live with that. I'm awaiting delivery of a pair of Specialized shoes and a Charge saddle - both with very decent discounts, and I got exactly what I was after.

It is a bit of a pity that the High St stores are taking a real hit from online retailing, but it is the reality now.

It was a fairly calm afternoon here so I couldn't resist going out for a wee ride to try and work off the Christmas food. Did 13 miles in all; it started raining after about 5 which left me soaked, but I've been through worse!

It was a fairly calm afternoon here so I couldn't resist going out for a wee ride to try and work off the Christmas food. Did 13 miles in all; it started raining after about 5 which left me soaked, but I've been through worse!

I went out, too. 20 miles at most, and was blowing out my arse on the ascent home :lol:

Blowing a gale today, so I won't be venturing out. I'll be emailing Skinny Tyres this week to find out if they could co-ordinate a group run for Team P&B, and how much this might cost. I'll explain my thinking on this a bit later (can't be arsed with long posts from the phone). This is simply an option for us to consider, mind. Any other ideas are, as always, most welcome.

I also need to get the PM system for communication up and running. Finally, I'll make some tentative enquiries about getting jerseys printed up with costings.

Other than yesterday there would be no way I would venture out on the bike of late, the wind has been ridiculous.

Not done any training at all, going to get the New Year out the way then get back into Turbo Training and out on the road as much as possible.

Weight being maintained at the moment though so that is quite positive!

Other than yesterday there would be no way I would venture out on the bike of late, the wind has been ridiculous.

Not done any training at all, going to get the New Year out the way then get back into Turbo Training and out on the road as much as possible.

Weight being maintained at the moment though so that is quite positive!

I'm ready to make a start with the turbo, but can't say I'm relishing the idea. I need to get on the bike regularly, though, so needs must. I've not overdone it with the festivities (one night of madness a fortnight ago aside) so the hope is it won't take too long to get back into decent shape.

A few bike relate pressies keeps the hunger there, and if we can make some provisional Team P&B arrangements, that should provide a target.

I'm ready to make a start with the turbo, but can't say I'm relishing the idea. I need to get on the bike regularly, though, so needs must. I've not overdone it with the festivities (one night of madness a fortnight ago aside) so the hope is it won't take too long to get back into decent shape.

A few bike relate pressies keeps the hunger there, and if we can make some provisional Team P&B arrangements, that should provide a target.

I got those too, however they were hand picked or I would have ended up with a basket for the front and streamers for the handlebars.:D

Blowing a gale today, so I won't be venturing out.

Yea, same here. It's annoying because yesterday gave me a taste for riding again :(

I got those too, however they were hand picked or I would have ended up with a basket for the front and streamers for the handlebars.:D

What, no mudguards? ;)

I ventured out as well yesterday with Daughter on MTBs..... Roughly 13 miles, about one of those on a grassy path which made us work a bit, but all in all very enjoyable.

The real test now is to get the road bike on the turbo trainer 'Santa' delivered, as I've (almost) convinced myself to get a wee bit fitter this coming year....!:unsure:

I ventured out as well yesterday with Daughter on MTBs..... Roughly 13 miles, about one of those on a grassy path which made us work a bit, but all in all very enjoyable.

The real test now is to get the road bike on the turbo trainer 'Santa' delivered, as I've (almost) convinced myself to get a wee bit fitter this coming year....!:unsure:

Get in there!

I got a new set of Under Armour stuff for out on the bike and she got me a medium top (which I haven't been for 15 years) but it certainly holds you in!:lol:

I got a workstand of the missus (well....off myself if I'm being honest ;) ).

I intend to find my way round the bike by stripping an old one down and rebuilding it early in the New Year. I'm determined to do more maintenance myself, and, to this end, I'm going to invest in a decent tool set too. I also ordered some nice new shoes :)