Official P&b Cycling Thread

Tried silk inner gloves? Also look at motorbike gloves for the outers. Heavy leather is not popular with cyclists but with modern touch shifters its possible.

I'll look into silk inners (MATRON!), cheers.

I've got a pair of heavy duty Trek winter gloves that I used to use on the MTB, and they'd probably take a pair of liners. I haven't used them on the road bike as they seemed a bit bulky, but I reckon I'll have to try them out as I can't go through another morning like yesterday.

Edited by Drooper

Tried silk inner gloves? Also look at motorbike gloves for the outers. Heavy leather is not popular with cyclists but with modern touch shifters its possible.

This 100%,they make a huge difference.

These are best value ones I found and work a treat

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/silk-gloves-black-id_8014962.html

YA FUCKING BEAUTY!!

Just commited to going on a 7 day training camp with the bike club to Majorca next May.

I think theres around 14 of us going and by all accounts its pretty tough but great fun.

I'll have to get some serious training done after Christmas as soome of the hills look fearsome

Been pretty lazy over the last couple of months but have just signed up to do the Caledonian Etape in May so have got something to aim for.

Have decided to leave it until January then set a training programme based upon hours on both the turbo trainer and out on the road.

Let's hope the bike can take my weight.:lol:

Been pretty lazy over the last couple of months but have just signed up to do the Caledonian Etape in May so have got something to aim for.

Have decided to leave it until January then set a training programme based upon hours on both the turbo trainer and out on the road.

Let's hope the bike can take my weight.:lol:

Was this you I passed yesterday going through Boness? ;)

funny_fat_people_05.jpg

Speaking of the other road users, the BBC is showing a doc on Wednesday about the menace that is cyclists.

http://www.guardian....-video-excerpts

I watched it last night. Was ok ranging to shit. It's clear that some motorists have a serious problem with cyclists and are utter fannies. There was some footage of guys getting out a car to batter a cyclists because the car nearly ran them over. There were some also some utterly wanky cyclists as well. If I lived in London I would not be cycling around the roads. Looks brutal.

If I lived in London I would not be cycling around the roads. Looks brutal.

Program over egged the pudding and then some. Huge number of people here cycle so the cars expect you. The accident rate is pretty low and so long as you have your wits about you you are fine most of the time.

You do get a lot of bike couriers so them and the fashion victims imitating them do tend to ride like gaping arses, but for most people its a load safer than most towns.

I watched it last night. Was ok ranging to shit. It's clear that some motorists have a serious problem with cyclists and are utter fannies. There was some footage of guys getting out a car to batter a cyclists because the car nearly ran them over. There were some also some utterly wanky cyclists as well. If I lived in London I would not be cycling around the roads. Looks brutal.

Aye, I tuned in too.

I thought it was mostly at the shit end of the range (almost entirely there, in fact). Whatever else the documentary achieved, it won't have served to foster more positive cyclist/other road users relations.

The guy who was consistently on from the start (with the glasses), was a cock, while the vigilante type who referred to himself as Traffic Droid or some such clearly requires psychiatric treatment.

Most of the motorists were rockets too. It was poor TV, and considering it was given a prime-time slot, and there was an opportunity to actually try to constructively address some of the important issues surrounding cyclists and other road users sharing the highways, it was also a monumental opportunity missed.

Aye, I tuned in too.

I thought it was mostly at the shit end of the range (almost entirely there, in fact). Whatever else the documentary achieved, it won't have served to foster more positive cyclist/other road users relations.

The guy who was consistently on from the start (with the glasses), was a cock, while the vigilante type who referred to himself as Traffic Droid or some such clearly requires psychiatric treatment.

Most of the motorists were rockets too. It was poor TV, and considering it was given a prime-time slot, and there was an opportunity to actually try to constructively address some of the important issues surrounding cyclists and other road users sharing the highways, it was also a monumental opportunity missed.

Traffic Droid! I was trying to remember his name! His whole thing of knocking on folk's windows when they were on the phone or such like was awful to watch, although I did feel a twinge of sympathy when he started greeting. That washed away when it cut back to footage of him with the two flashing lights, in the middle of the day, on his helmet, posting his cards through folk's windows. The guy with the glasses was a massive tit as you say. And I hated how when they panned to the various for comments they always went to the woman who's daughter died and she said nothing, just giving a sad and exasperated look. Very poor.

Also when the guy out of the car to punch the cyclist, I'm pretty sure he punches the helmet (not to be taken sexually). This for some reason made me laugh. The bit at the roundabout with the truck with the Weegie guy was appalling. I would have utterly shat it.

Edited by DA Baracus

Aye, I tuned in too.

Totally agree with this

The specky guy at the start was an utter cock womble and to be honest,if I ever saw him in London when driving,I'd be seriously tempted to give the fucker a wee nudge.

Apart from the Scottish guy it hightlighted,who had the near miss at the roundabout, they should just have called it "War On Londons Roads".

As Drooper says a great opportunity missed to try and educate bad motorists and cyclists of the hazards