Official P&b Cycling Thread

I must admit i didn't really pay to much attention to tyre pressures on my bike untill i started reading this thread,as long as they felt hard used to be good enough i thought,wrong.Now i always make sure the tyres are up to 110 before setting out,haven't had a puncture for about 15

months,you do learn on here you know :)

As for pumps i only use a mini hand pump that gets it up to pressure,don't find it to difficult

First ever post here. I was on a bike for the first time in 25 years at Center Parcs three weeks ago. Hav.ing enjoyed it I have taken the plunge and bought a cheap bike and am going out tomorrow morning for the first time. Wish me luck.

First ever post here. I was on a bike for the first time in 25 years at Center Parcs three weeks ago. Hav.ing enjoyed it I have taken the plunge and bought a cheap bike and am going out tomorrow morning for the first time. Wish me luck.

Good luck - don't overdo it in this heat though, auld yin!

Good luck - don't overdo it in this heat though, auld yin!

Cheers. Plan to be about about 6.30 in the morning befiore it gets too hot, and to stay hydrated.

What bike did you buy?

post-22765-0-09508300-1374266047_thumb.j

Cheapest adult bike Halfords had. If it works out I'll probably get something better.

First cycle ride over and done. Only managed 5 miles, all on a cycle path and no serious hills. 26 minutes, Which I thought this was pretty good time considering some of the posts I've read on here. Legs feel a bit rubbery but I'm doing it again tomorrow.

Whilst my knowledge of bikes is very limited, the cheap bike from Halfords feels cheap, but it will do the job just now.

ETA - having done it again today (Sunday) I'm convinced the time of 26 minutes is wrong, took 16 minutes for the return leg today and its easier than the 1st leg!

Edited by Granny Danger

Whilst my knowledge of bikes is very limited, the cheap bike from Halfords feels cheap, but it will do the job just now.

I have the same mountain bike that I got for Christmas when I was 13.

It's a Z frame Townsend and has been well looked after so, even though I might look like a dingbat flying about on a 20 year old bike, I'm loathe to replace a great old servant and will carry on with it until its irreparable.

My local bike shop has closed after the council nearly doubled the rates for this year. Pity.

On the plus side, I spied a big new Evans being kitted out on the new Buchanan Quarter which is on my route home from work. I can see me missing a few buses.

I ordered this but had to return it. My phone (Samsumg S3) was just too big for it :thumbsdown