Official P&b Cycling Thread

It was a good cycle pretty brutal day weather wise. Since one crash where the guys bike tube was snapped in two. Unfortunately you're always going get these idiots racing no matter the conditions. Weather was just non stop rain for 80 miles. But I'm sure I'll look back and say it was a good day just not right now lol

It was a good cycle pretty brutal day weather wise. Since one crash where the guys bike tube was snapped in two. Unfortunately you're always going get these idiots racing no matter the conditions. Weather was just non stop rain for 80 miles. But I'm sure I'll look back and say it was a good day just not right now lol

The last sentence - agreed! Saw that crash too - a Cannondale totally snapped. The guy I ride most with (next door neighbour) has retired and has been training all winter. He jogged round in 3.45 - incredible given the weather.

Did you stay up last night? We were in the backpackers hotel. Ride on the start line and cheap as chips. Great spot.

The other riders are what always concerns me on organised rides. Seen too many people who forget what level they and fellow riders are at.

The other riders are what always concerns me on organised rides. Seen too many people who forget what level they and fellow riders are at.

Yes i agree i dont mind people racing by me or that as long as they are on total control and not causing absolute chaos on the other hand big groups hitting a hill can be problematic down and up hill, best doing these things at own pace and always be aware of who and whats around you

The last sentence - agreed! Saw that crash too - a Cannondale totally snapped. The guy I ride most with (next door neighbour) has retired and has been training all winter. He jogged round in 3.45 - incredible given the weather.

Did you stay up last night? We were in the backpackers hotel. Ride on the start line and cheap as chips. Great spot.

How'd you KOM time come in mines was 8:58 which isnt bad considering my lack of training this year think it end up psotion 345th out of 4000 or somthing cant complain. the only time i really put any effort into the ride was very stop start due to the mixed group i completed it with but not complaining its more an day out and laugh rather than a race.

One thing the 2nd food stop was absolute carnage so eafy for crashes to happen wasnt thought out as well as the others

How'd you KOM time come in mines was 8:58 which isnt bad considering my lack of training this year think it end up psotion 345th out of 4000 or somthing cant complain. the only time i really put any effort into the ride was very stop start due to the mixed group i completed it with but not complaining its more an day out and laugh rather than a race.

One thing the 2nd food stop was absolute carnage so eafy for crashes to happen wasnt thought out as well as the others

Not telling. Put it this way if we had had to go up twice you'd have almost lapped me :)

I got my bike on Friday. First time I've owned a bike since I was about 14.

I got myself a Specialized Sirrus Sport hybrid. I'm thinking about cycling to work and generally using it to get off my arse. Already done about 40km this week already and I'm loving it.

Although it looks shite to the serious guys on here but I'm getting there.

I love my bike!

I got my bike on Friday. First time I've owned a bike since I was about 14.

I got myself a Specialized Sirrus Sport hybrid. I'm thinking about cycling to work and generally using it to get off my arse. Already done about 40km this week already and I'm loving it.

Although it looks shite to the serious guys on here but I'm getting there.

I love my bike!

Not a shite bike at all..........Enjoy!

I am very impressed by it.

One thing that does bother me is that it is very rigid so every bump get transmitted right through my wrists. But I think that is more a case of the roads are in terrible nick rather than the bike.

I've been off the saddle for a while - only managed once so far this year because of a combination of the weather and a sore back that refused to shift.

Once until today. About near killed myself taking the 10-mile route home from work. I always forget that although it starts nice and easy, Dundee is basically a big f**k-off hill.

Still, I did not bad. Hopefully the weather and my back hold up enough to get some decent rides under my belt in the near future.

Edited by The Master

Just back from one of my usual training rides of about 15 miles. What I didn't realise is that the wind direction has swung round to the East - which meant that when I was averaging 22 mph on the way out (westward) I thought I was going to smash my record... only to average just 15 mph on the way back. :rolleyes:

Riding into a strong wind feels like cycling through treacle.

Just back from one of my usual training rides of about 15 miles. What I didn't realise is that the wind direction has swung round to the East - which meant that when I was averaging 22 mph on the way out (westward) I thought I was going to smash my record... only to average just 15 mph on the way back. :rolleyes:

Riding into a strong wind feels like cycling through treacle.

Yes was the same last night. I went out for a post Etape recovery ride. Was just taking it easy. Got back and had several PB's on Strava - all on downwind segments of course - it's just the wind seldom comes out of that side.

I had an interesting encounter this morning.

Someone squeezed past me at a traffic island and I gave a blast of my airzounds. About a mile down the road, someone waved at me to stop - it was the driver wanting to apologise for being too close.