Official P&b Cycling Thread

I'd say get a CO2 pump - these mini pumps are feckin useless. Also I carry a pair of surgical gloves for emergencies. Particularly if you're commuting you don't want to turn up at work with oily hands. For road use (relatively narrow beam) there's a good pair of catseye rechargeable lights you can get for about 80 quid the pair. They do the job excellently. I say don't skimp on the rear light - you want the fuckers coming from behind seeing you. Lightweight rain jacket that you can ram in the second bottle holder. Handy if you get caught in a shower. In general try to avoid really dark/black cycle gear. You may think it's flattering but renders you nearly invisible in flat light.

Thanks a lot spuddy, genuinely appreciated. :)

A mate had suggested the gloves, think I'll take that tip.and check out the rest.

Thanks a lot spuddy, genuinely appreciated. :)

A mate had suggested the gloves, think I'll take that tip.and check out the rest.

The surgical gloves are also handy if you get the opportunity to finger the secretary at 5 o'clock and you don't want your bird smelling the fanny juice.

Cracking day for a cycle.

Wee trip down the borders with a mate. Great ride by plagued with mechanical faults on his new bike and the fact that he was feeling a bit shitty meant it was slowwwww. Still, enjoyed it muchly.

Can be seen on Strava for anyone in the group.

The weather in the central belt is looking promising for PFS at the weekend.

I've decided to stay overnight in Glasgow this time round. A wee bit expensive for a hotel but it's worth it to save getting up at the crack of dawn then sit in a car for over an hour.

Good luck to all the pnb guys doing the PFS don't forget to start your strava so I can check out your routes. I might actually do it next year.

Ready to go here - will be on strava come Sunday.

Weather looking fantastic.

Good luck to all the pnb guys doing the PFS don't forget to start your strava so I can check out your routes. I might actually do it next year.

Come along to G Green on Sunday and join in, PS! Good fun day out and weather forecast improving by the day. Looking forward to it - Bold Jnr and I are off in the 7.30-8 group.

I'm hoping my iPhone copes better with tracking 47 miles than my Galaxy S2 did last year. To make sure it made the distance before the battery gave up, I had to have it hooked up to one of those emergency charger things. It was still dead by the time I got on the train home from Haymarket an hour or so after finishing.

I'm hoping my iPhone copes better with tracking 47 miles than my Galaxy S2 did last year. To make sure it made the distance before the battery gave up, I had to have it hooked up to one of those emergency charger things. It was still dead by the time I got on the train home from Haymarket an hour or so after finishing.

They are selling the booster batteries for about a tenner in T K Maxx. 4 hours is as long as my Iphone lasts on MapMyRide although I think Stava possibly uses less power.

Seriously thinking about doing PFS on Sunday - can register on the day apparently. Course looks flatish - it's a bit of a ball ache toing and froing from Fife/Glasgow/Edinburgh/Fife though.

It's a good day, spud - do come along! Your options include: get yourself to Glasgow Green, or take the PFS bus with your bike in the lorry, from Edinburgh to the start. The bus/TNT service is superb - very efficient and relatively inexpensive.

Seriously thinking about doing PFS on Sunday - can register on the day apparently. Course looks flatish - it's a bit of a ball ache toing and froing from Fife/Glasgow/Edinburgh/Fife though.

It is fairly flat. The two biggest climbs I recall are into Drumpelier and just past Avonbridge. They're both a similar incline to Provost Road in Dundee, but slightly shorter.

Came close to meeting my maker yesterday. Going round a bend on a country lane when some moron decided that said bend would be a good place to overtake a lorry going in the other direction. Looked up to find a van coming towards me on my side of the road, doing about 60mph in a 40 zone, and I had to dive into the hedge to avoid being mown down. Wish I had been able to get his numberplate, the c*nt.

Came close to meeting my maker yesterday. Going round a bend on a country lane when some moron decided that said bend would be a good place to overtake a lorry going in the other direction. Looked up to find a van coming towards me on my side of the road, doing about 60mph in a 40 zone, and I had to dive into the hedge to avoid being mown down. Wish I had been able to get his numberplate, the c*nt.

Fooking terrible. I have to admit I go through phases of being quite concerned about safety on my bike.

Glad you're mostly ok.