Fao All Raith Fans

Wardy

PS. Meant to post it in 1st Div, but I arsed it up. Or maybe I'm trying to kid myself that the Anelka revolution will get us back in the SPL...aye right.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dysart - you really are an arse. All clubs are looking into doing this, because a rule change now means that the clubs are being held legally responsible for comments made on forums on any official website.

Some of the comments recently could have had serious reprisals for the club, so the decision was mde to move to an Unoffical Forum. This was just common sense on the part of the club - and not any attempt to supress "free speach".

Today, this new unofficial forum has been clsed down, and the following posted.

2711 Fan Talk

The administrators of this web site today received a message from one of the users of 2711 Fan Talk threatening legal action against Raith Rovers Football Club, specifically with regard to Fan Talk itself.

After consulation with legal advisers, Fan Talk has been indefinitely withdrawn due to this.

We regret this decision, but are unwilling to force Raith Rovers Football Club to endure legal proceedings regarding this forum.

Again, this is is not the fault of the club - but rather a result of abuse by some of the forums users. You should be venting your fury at these users - not the club.

Are you so backward that you cannot understand the difficult position that this minority of "fans" have subjected the club to? Do you feel that the club should hae continued to associate itself with these comments - and potentially end up with a court case and damages awards which would mean the end of the club you support? :angry:

Unlike Raith fans to swallow any old crap that someone tells them. :rolleyes:

If the website is hosted in the USA, you can say what you like.

I think that the issue here was probably because the unofficial website was accessed via a link on the official website. It was in essence the same forum - onlt the word Unofficial had been added to the web pages.

I think that the issue here was probably because the unofficial website was accessed via a link on the official website. It was in essence the same forum - onlt the word Unofficial had been added to the web pages.

Which is exactly what I pointed out on FanTalk.

Liam

PS. There is another post about this on the SPL forum - I posted it there by mistake :rolleyes:

Who the hell are you calling "backward"? And any criticism/abuse I`ve read recently has been aimed at Anelka. Is he the one who`s likely to sue the club?

I didn't see the comments that have lead to the withdrawal of the forum. However, there have been all sorts of allegations made recently against employees of the club, and board members. I reckon that the recent thread making allegations about the physio was enough to trigger legal action.

I guarantee you that if the club had not taken this action, and a court case had resulted, you would be one of the first to criticise the Board for not taking the correct action. No matter what the club did - you would be critical of the outcome.

Guest GeordieMunro271194

Ye'll no silence me wi yer crappy lawsuits. Who wiz the erse who got oor fantalk shut down altogether? All I can say is, yer a fanny btw! :angry::angry:

Anyway, hello again. Allow me to introduce my new self. Munchen0Rovers1 was my name, RRFC was my game. Now I'm named after the great GM wi a special date thrown in for good measure. :P

And by the way, since we are no longer on an RRFC website, lets get rid of this twat Anelka. He is making a c~@# of us all at San Starko. :unsure:

There, said it.

Archived