9/11

Rugster

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's quite interesting going on youtube and watching the actual news as it happened. The shock from the newsreaders is really quite something.

If you type in 911 raw footage you get a good few results for the main american news stations from the day in question.

I was on holiday in Barbados when it all kicked off, staying at a mates house who was working out there.

It was pretty early in the morning over there and someone called him and told him to get CNN on. At that time the first plane had hit and everyone thought it was a "light aircraft".

It was absolutely amazing to sit there and watch it all unfold.

A terrible thing to say, but it is easily the most engaged I have ever been with a television broadcast.

• 5 years later...

13 years now. Unbelievable really. Some members of the forum will probably not even remember it these days. And they have the vote next week. :lol:

Having been there now, I am even more fascinated with the subject. I've commented on here before about visiting Ground Zero being one of the strangest experiences I think you could have as a tourist. Do you take photographs? Point excitedly at things you have seen on television? Of course you don't. To be honest, it was nice to go and pay my respects in a way, but didn't want to hang about.

One of the things I didn't know about was the vicinity of St Mark's Chapel. It was barely touched.

St%2BPauls%2BChapel%2B%25281%2529.jpg

I am not in any way religious at all. But that really made me shake my head in wonder when I learned of it.

In the photo below, the building to the extreme left is where my niece stays these days. It's a lot closer than I thought. Would have been some view of it all going off.

US-NY-NYC-World-Trade-Center-attack-sequ

I was 14 when it happened and it was absolutely surreal and terrifying. Managed to visit ground zero in 2005 when i was 18 and travelling about the states, can't really remember too many specifics about it back then it was all boarded up and there wasn't anything there like there is today and i wasn't so interested in the subject as i am now

About 2 years ago i was in Australia travelling about and ended up getting this shit hot room in a nice flat in sydney which had sky tv and wi fi. Having just packed in a really shit job i was now looking for work and for whatever reason at the time ended up watching 9/11 videos on youtube and instantly became a fanatic on the subject. I would spend every opportunity i had watching conspiracy videos or just raw footage of the day to the point it almost completely took over my life. Im not entirely sure i was 100% convinced it was an inside job but i certainly swayed that way from time to time, the first time i saw WTC7 collapsing i was at the point of being certain beyond reasonable doubt.

I would say in the last 6 or 7 months i have become less obsessed about it, there are documentaries on youtube that are about bebunking the myths which are also pretty gripping but basically tell you what you don't want to hear. The idea of it being a conspiracy is far more interesting than getting reasonable answers for what could have happened obviously.

Quite enjoyed this guys videos on it, he's a bit of an irritating p***k but think he does a good enough job and its a good watch for anyone interested 9/11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmIjDfpTeMc&list=PLPiBuIu_svYgsdIIuB2xouL5T3ZUW58vj

At the end of it theres an interview with a Scottish guy Charlie Veitch who was a mad conspiracy theorist and went on a bbc show "conspiracy road trip" which i watched in Australia but not here. That was another good watch for people who are convinced it was an inside job because Charlie and a couple other who were adamant of it ended up changing their minds when actually going out there and meeting people involved rather than watching youtube videos from home and thinking their a structural engineer.

To summarise my thoughts

The twin towers - couldn't have been packed with fucking explosives because if they were in some way wired up then the flights of the planes would sever the system surely? The only person who i ever saw even mention this was a demolition expert in the aforementioned bbd conspiracy road trip. Also the people who claim the buildings fell symmetrically are talking shit as you can see, especially from the south towers collapse it falls forward into the dent the plane left, much like a tree would when you hit it with an axe.

WTC7 - Can be explained by structural engineers as to why it collapsed just as easily as saying there was a controlled demolition although it does look very suspicious

Pentagon - Still annoys me that we can't see clear footage of the plane hitting it. The fact that they have withheld said footage is suspicious to say the very least. Claims it was a cruise missile are ridiculous, why fly a missile in then say it was a plane? Someone was going to fucking see it its one of the busiest buildings in the world!? Until i see footage of what hit it i can't be 100% satisfied it was what the said it was.

I think there is a lot of corruption in the world and don't for a second think the US government wouldn't do such a thing when they have in the past. On this particular occasion though i don't think they could have planned and orchestrated the attacks as they would have gone to war and built their pipeline anyway. Having said that i wouldn't be surprised if someone within the movement had a crisis of confidence and blew the lid on the entire thing and the US went in to civil collapse. I just hope it doesn't happen before the Ryder cup

Pentagon - Still annoys me that we can't see clear footage of the plane hitting it. The fact that they have withheld said footage is suspicious to say the very least. Claims it was a cruise missile are ridiculous, why fly a missile in then say it was a plane? Someone was going to fucking see it its one of the busiest buildings in the world!? Until i see footage of what hit it i can't be 100% satisfied it was what the said it was.

On this point I remember at the time watching and distinctly remember it was reported that a missile had hit the Pentagon along with the footage that showed something small hit.

I have seen this footage (its the side on shot) reguarly since then but it appears there are frames missing you see something come in then you see an explosion.

Im not claiming any conspiricy, its just how I remember it at the time.....

wot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide

Don't think I've ever seen this mentioned - certainly not on a yearly basis.

Just think the 9/11 coverage and attention seems unbalanced.

Watched Newsnight yesterday and there was a Syrian talking about how their people have been attacked for around four years but as soon as an American gets beheaded something needs to be done.

Somehow Western life is valued more - just the way it is for some reason. Could be that there was so much coverage of 9/11 that it was more shocking?

On this point I remember at the time watching and distinctly remember it was reported that a missile had hit the Pentagon along with the footage that showed something small hit.

I have seen this footage (its the side on shot) reguarly since then but it appears there are frames missing you see something come in then you see an explosion.

Im not claiming any conspiricy, its just how I remember it at the time.....

I just don't understand why they would use a cruise missile and risk getting caught as someone would obviously have been there and seen it if they're hitting it at a time everyone would be at work, it just doesn't add up!

I'll be honest, I didn't notice significant "commemoration" about 9/11 this year. That said, I didn't really have the news on yesterday. Within the USA, things would obviously have been different. More than 60 British people were still killed in the terrorist attacks, so it's not exactly out of place to have some sort of remembrance over that. For the record, I can't remember if we had anything to do with the 7/7 bombings this year?

As for Rwanda, the country still shows acts of remembrance and the UN has April 7th marked as a day of remembrance. From some (brief!) reading, there's plenty of things out there remembering what happened, particularly because this was the 20th anniversary. The New Yorker, as well as other US based media outlets, devoted many articles to it.

People of one country tend to value lives of their fellow citizens above those from another country. It might sound heartless but it's true.

There's been a number of awful events - many involving genocide - that we don't devote airtime to, every year. Bosnia doesn't get mentioned every year. Neither does Cambodia. Neither does Darfur. Will we mark 100 years of the Armenian genocide?

I just don't understand why they would use a cruise missile and risk getting caught as someone would obviously have been there and seen it if they're hitting it at a time everyone would be at work, it just doesn't add up!

I mentioned on one of the other 9/11 threads that a mate of mine was working in Washington at the time, and one of his work colleagues saw the plane hit - and it was a plane! - while in traffic on the I95 coming into the city. The Pentagon's only a few hundred yards from the freeway, and there were hundreds if not thousands of rush hour witnesses, who always seem to be ignored by the conspiracy theorists.

I mentioned on one of the other 9/11 threads that a mate of mine was working in Washington at the time, and one of his work colleagues saw the plane hit - and it was a plane! - while in traffic on the I95 coming into the city. The Pentagon's only a few hundred yards from the freeway, and there were hundreds if not thousands of rush hour witnesses, who always seem to be ignored by the conspiracy theorists.

Conspiracy theorists also never come out with a reasoning as to why and how things happened the way they are suggesting. if the US government planned and carried out the attacks and had no problem crashing 3 other planes then why would they hit it with a cruise missile in such a public area? I mean how fucking stupid could they be to think that would be a good idea?! It is still highly suspicious that the world hasn't seen clear footage of something that everyone who knows anything on the subject has been crying out for ever since and i haven't heard a reasonable explanation as to why clear footage of the hit hasn't been released. Another good point to raise as Miles does in the video i posted earlier is that the US government couldn't even cover up a blow job so how could they hide all this from the world and risk what would be a global breakdown should things not go to plan? How anti society do you have to be to genuinely believe this?

I think as time has gone on, Americans have been more open to questioning the events when before it was a huge insult to suggest their own government could have been involved. The group 'Architects & Engineers For 9/11 Truth' got airtime on a mainstream cable channel last month which was quite unusual and it's an interesting watch.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?320748-5/washington-journal-architects-engineers-911-truth

It's hard to ignore a group of over 2000 industry experts asking such straight questions so it will be interesting to see if they're taken seriously now that they've been given more exposure.

Conspiracy theorists also never come out with a reasoning as to why and how things happened the way they are suggesting. if the US government planned and carried out the attacks and had no problem crashing 3 other planes then why would they hit it with a cruise missile in such a public area? I mean how fucking stupid could they be to think that would be a good idea?! It is still highly suspicious that the world hasn't seen clear footage of something that everyone who knows anything on the subject has been crying out for ever since and i haven't heard a reasonable explanation as to why clear footage of the hit hasn't been released. Another good point to raise as Miles does in the video i posted earlier is that the US government couldn't even cover up a blow job so how could they hide all this from the world and risk what would be a global breakdown should things not go to plan? How anti society do you have to be to genuinely believe this?

All of the 9/11 conspiracy theories, without exception, are just a lot of randomly-selected facts, half-baked theories and wild speculation slung together and pronounced "suspicious", with the words And thus, the US bombed itself to justify invading Iraq and Afghanistan bolted onto the end.

Because of course, it's always been very, very difficult to get Americans to support insane wars without any rational excuse, hasn't it.

You have to laugh - Al Qaeda blow a huge smoking hole in the side of Manhattan in broad daylight, and the US falls to squabbling about whether it was Saddam Hussein or Dick Cheney that did it. No wonder Osama Bin Laden spent the next few years hiding in a compound in Abbotabad - he was probably totally depressed because he couldn't even get the US to pay attention when he was sending folk to smash New York.

Why would they want to do that?

Because imagining themselves to be the victims of a viciously cunning cabal of secret evil geniuses is a more heartening proposition than just admitting to themselves that the entire system of US government has devolved into little more than a hopelessly corrupt competition to see who can hand the biggest bags of cash to the already rich, orchestrated by a bunch of half-bright, golf-playing, pudgy middle-aged suburbanites?

The first proposition is exciting and intriguing but latter is just plain depressing, and sadly true.

Because imagining themselves to be the victims of a viciously cunning cabal of secret evil geniuses is a more heartening proposition than just admitting to themselves that the entire system of US government has devolved into little more than a hopelessly corrupt competition to see who can hand the biggest bags of cash to the already rich, orchestrated by a bunch of half-bright, golf-playing, pudgy middle-aged suburbanites?

The first proposition is exciting and intriguing but latter is just plain depressing, and sadly true.

Can't argue with your assessment of the US government. Not sure it's a reason for so many to put their professional reputations on the line in such a sensitive matter though.

Archived