Golfers Thread

Gaz

Seeing an improvement in my golf since the second lesson, still got a bit to go but striking the ball much cleaner now. I get a video of my swing before and after lesson and massive changes since the first lesson. Going to carry on with them throughout the winter and see what next season bring
Its amazing how a little tweak here and there really improves you game but you need that practice to dial in the changes,

Its amazing how a little tweak here and there really improves you game but you need that practice to dial in the changes,

Haha slightly more than little tweaks, I used to think my golf swing was ok but like I said comparing the videos I now see how big a transformation I have gone through.

Haha slightly more than little tweaks, I used to think my golf swing was ok but like I said comparing the videos I now see how big a transformation I have gone through.
:) my swing was fine it was everything else, keeping weight on my right as I swing and trying to help the ball up in the air was something I didn't know I done, its a hard a habit to break, keeping up with the lessons will keep me right as slipping back is all to easy

Half way through final qualifying at the Q school and currently Connor Syme and Robert MacIntyre are (just) on course to get their cards with both of them sneaking inside the top 25.

Other Scots to make it through the cut were David Law (tied 34th) and Ewen Ferguson and Ross Kellett (who I think both sneak in at tied 68th).

Syme was actually 95th before today's round but shot a 63 to move up 70 odd places. Some going when the pressure is on.

Ferguson and Kellett have a lot of work to do but hopefully Syme, MacIntyre and Law can get inside the top 25.

Edit: the cut is actually tomorrow and the top 70 and ties will go through so none of the above have made the cut just yet :rolleyes:

Edited by Ro Sham Bo
Misunderstood the rules...

Syme hit a 67 to go 13 under for his last 36 holes and sit 4 off the lead and tied 6th at 11 under, which is also 4 shots clear of the all important 25th place. Law is T25th, McIntyre is T35th but only a shot behind Law with Henry T67th. Ferguson and Kellett missed the cut by one stroke.

Update: after today's penultimate round, 26th place is on -10. Top 25 get tour cards.

Syme is T3 on -14.

McIntyre is T17 on -11.

Law is T31 on -9.

Henry is T58 on -5.

Excellent chance the first 2 will get cards and a good round from Law could get him up there too.

40 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Update: after today's penultimate round, 26th place is on -10. Top 25 get tour cards.

Syme is T3 on -14.

McIntyre is T17 on -11.

Law is T31 on -9.

Henry is T58 on -5.

Excellent chance the first 2 will get cards and a good round from Law could get him up there too.

If Syme and McIntyre repeat their scoring from today they will be fine, in fact Syme probably just needs something around the 70 mark to get in.

Law will probably need something in the mid 60s to be sure of making it but unfortunately Henry needs a miracle.

21 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If Syme and McIntyre repeat their scoring from today they will be fine, in fact Syme probably just needs something around the 70 mark to get in.

Law will probably need something in the mid 60s to be sure of making it but unfortunately Henry needs a miracle.

Looks like Syme will be the only Scot to make it. He still has 4 holes to play but would have to have a catastrophic run to miss out.

McIntyre shot a level par 71 and will miss out as will Law (-1 today) and Henry (-3 today).

Edit to add that I`ve cursed Syme who has just taken 6 on par 4 15th. Should still be fine though :shutup

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Looks like Syme will be the only Scot to make it. He still has 4 holes to play but would have to have a catastrophic run to miss out.

McIntyre shot a level par 71 and will miss out as will Law (-1 today) and Henry (-3 today).

Edit to add that I`ve cursed Syme who has just taken 6 on par 4 15th. Should still be fine though :shutup

He has parred in from there so gets his card with a few shots to spare. An excellent start to his pro career.

Pity at least one of Law and McIntyre couldn't make it through, especially as the  top 33 ended up getting through.

He has parred in from there so gets his card with a few shots to spare. An excellent start to his pro career.

Pity at least one of Law and McIntyre couldn't make it through, especially as the  top 33 ended up getting through.

Gutted for McIntyre and Law, missing out by 2 and 3 shots respectively. Looking forward to watching how Syme gets on, as you say he's been excellent since turning pro.

• 2 weeks later...
Tiger has begun his latest comeback by shooting 69 in his invitational tournament. Didn't catch any of it on TV but will watch with interest over the weekend.

Seen some of his shots and online and he seems to be absolutely ripping it like he used to and looks pain free.

Would be great to see him start ripping it up again on a regular basis. He is still the main man when it comes to pulling a crowd in

55 minutes ago, expatowner said:

I was really pleased with my Tiger'esque effort of 38 for tees to greens but I was as grumpy as Montgomery with my 38 putts!
Still 76 gross less 10 left me 5 under.
I've gotta go see a putting coach.

Fine effort.

You are of course likely to have more putts when you are hitting greens in regulation/from a distance. Not so many opportunities to put a chip from the edge of the green close for a single putt.

Was this in a competition?  Decent step towards your quest for single figures if so. Either way good shooting :thumsup2

Fine effort.
You are of course likely to have more putts when you are hitting greens in regulation/from a distance. Not so many opportunities to put a chip from the edge of the green close for a single putt.
Was this in a competition?  Decent step towards your quest for single figures if so. Either way good shooting :thumsup2

That's a good point, as I did seem to have mostly long first putts.
It was just a game with a mate on his home course.

I still think my putting could improve though. I'm gonna try to find a coach.