Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

2nd place for Drysdale, tied 3rd for Jamieson.

Drysdale is well on the way to securing his card already. A great start to the season from him.

Warren fell away badly but Robert MacIntyre got another top 20 finish.

Early days in the season but some encouraging signs.

Drysdale is well on the way to securing his card already. A great start to the season from him.

A nice end to the year for them! Hope they enjoy the festive period and continue the form into the new year

Yep, Drysdale already has just 65k less than he managed in the whole of last year. It's a good chance to bank some cash at this time of year when the fields aren't the strongest.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my best score on my local course yesterday.

72 ,  3 over par.  I am currently an 8 handicap. :thumsup2

I hit 15 pars and 3 bogeys, but that's not all the story.  

I had 37 putts, I was practically perfect tee to green and had 16 potential birdie putts but didn't get one of them.  :thumbsdown

Still thinking positive thoughts............................

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Not surprised as his name was consistently mentioned as being a likely choice, but not sure he is the best man for the job either.

He’s certainly had issues in the past with some of the players, but I honestly think that’s the sort of thing they would take into consideration now, and it might actually be a good thing that he’s not seen as one of the group of pals like guys like Clarke and Westwood. 

His major positive for me is that he is a guy who is all about preparation, and will plan for every eventuality the way guys like Monty, McGinley and Bjorn did. That can only be a good thing IMO.

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

What GPS does everyone use? My skycaddie has died and I’m not sure I can be bothered paying the cost of one of theirs again.

I just use Golf Shot Pro on my iPhone. Have had some "proper" GPS devices and a watch over the years but Golf Shot is as good as any I've seen. The "preview" function for courses you've never played before is fantastic. 

The only thing better, for me, is a laser.

I just use Golf Shot Pro on my iPhone. Have had some "proper" GPS devices and a watch over the years but Golf Shot is as good as any I've seen. The "preview" function for courses you've never played before is fantastic. 
The only thing better, for me, is a laser.
Only thing with phone apps is a lot of them are not allowed by some clubs for competition play as they have the capability to show wind speed/direction and changes in elevation. Doesn't matter if you turn those features off, the fact that you could turn them on again means you can't use them. Great for practice rounds though.

I suppose a lot depends on your playing ability too. Middle of the green is my target more often than not, I use a Garmin Approach S2 watch, works fine for me.

Cheers lads
It's a tough one with so many on the market. I used to use a garmin watch with just f, m, b, but the score tracking stuff on skycaddie is something I've got used to. Hoping I can find a deal somewhere.
The garnin S20 has some bells and whistles I just sold a Bushnell neo before Xmas good watch but very basic, I updated to a golfbuddy wtx and has some great features, colour touch screen, full hole lay out, pin positions ect has everything but a score card

Carly Booth , what has happened to her, from winning and competing in Tournaments she now has terrible scores missing cuts and not even getting into big tournaments ? Turning into Blair O'Neill or Paige Spinaric , Instagram posers !!! [emoji959]