Golfers Thread

Gaz

Anyone else enjoying putting with the flag in?

I’m getting used to it. The only exception is when the flagstick shadow is near or on my putting line. Then I take it out.
I try to take the change positively and have started to imagine that the pin gives me something to aim at.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Connor Syne and Robert McIntyre make the cut for the matchplay stage of the Super 6 tournament in Australia.

Good to hear. Syme seemed to lose his way a bit last season and lost his card. Hopefully will progress further.

Edit to add it looks like they play each other in round 1 of the matchplay.  Each match is played over 6 holes.

Good luck to both.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

20 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Good to hear. Syme seemed to lose his way a bit last season and lost his card. Hopefully will progress further.

Edit to add it looks like they play each other in round 1 of the matchplay.  Each match is played over 6 holes.

Good luck to both.

At least one is guaranteed to get through I suppose...

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

Watching the Genesis open on the PGA Tour, and the time it takes for JB Holmes to hit his shots is sickening

Things like this aren’t gonna change until they start punishing people for slow play

It took that group 2 and a half hours to play the first 8 holes. Horrendous.

38 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Watching the Genesis open on the PGA Tour, and the time it takes for JB Holmes to hit his shots is sickening

Things like this aren’t gonna change until they start punishing people for slow play

Absolutely this. Get a fucking move on man. 

He looks favourite to win. Hopefully he shanks his 2nd on 18. Dreadful stuff,

7 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

He’s amongst the worst culprits on tour for this type of play, and I do genuinely think his slow play has had a detrimental effect on JT and Scott

Looks as though it’s all wrapped up now tho sadly

Yep he has played some fine golf but his pace of play is just unacceptable.  

Near on 5 and a half hours for a 3 ball to play 18 holes today. Desperate stuff.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

What really got me reaching for the off button last night was the fact that if Holmes was 3rd to play, he didn't even start to think about what he was going to play until after the other 2 had hit their shots. Try doing that in a Saturday morning medal and you would be getting absolute pelters from your partners.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

What really got me reaching for the off button last night was the fact that if Holmes was 3rd to play, he didn't even start to think about what he was going to play until after the other 2 had hit their shots. Try doing that in a Saturday morning medal and you would be getting absolute pelters from your partners.

Nail on head. It`s absolutely unacceptable and he`s far from the only culprit. It`s rife in club golf too. We had a university team playing a series of singles matches at my course recently. Their pace of play in a two ball format was such that they continuously held up our 4 ball match !!

They seemed utterly oblivious to the issue until shall we say words were had. :thumbsdown

Nail on head. It`s absolutely unacceptable and he`s far from the only culprit. It`s rife in club golf too. We had a university team playing a series of singles matches at my course recently. Their pace of play in a two ball format was such that they continuously held up our 4 ball match !!
They seemed utterly oblivious to the issue until shall we say words were had. :thumbsdown
I can understand they are playing for high stakes with the prize money, FedEx points and sponsorship deals all riding on how the perform, but there is no excuse for a 3 ball to take 2.5 hours to play 8 holes, and even less of an excuse for the PGA to turn a blind eye.

The PGA Tour are fully to blame. If you don't give penalties, they're not going to stop. Adam Scott summed it up at the beginning of the week when asked the best way to combat slow play. "Give me a penalty" was all he said. Then it'll stop. 

Interestingly amid all this chat of slow play, I was complaining about fast play yesterday while enjoying 18 holes. The 3 ball behind us ended up 2 and a half holes ahead of the group behind them after 12 holes and hit their drives up the fairway behind me while I waited for the group infront to walk off the green. It was like they were chasing us round the course. We played a full 18 quicker than JT, AS and JBH played 8 holes last night. 

Edited by DigOutYourSoul

I gave up watching when the Thomas group was on the 11th or 12th and it was obvious I was never going to be able to stay awake for the end. It was such a struggle to watch. The only thing keeping me entertained was Jordan Speith's 30 handicapper golf.

Get the likes of Holmes in to the field for the shot clock masters in the European tour and maybe they will see it's possible to play good golf without taking an age over every shot.