Golfers Thread

Gaz

Just now, Netan Sansara said:

Surely Westwood had to go for the pin on 17. Thomas with a great drive on 18, looks like a birdie could be on the cards. 

I think so. For all the psychological difficulty, it's a sand wedge off the tee. At the absolute worst he had to be where DeChambeau was. 

Now he's got a tester for par. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think so. For all the psychological difficulty, it's a sand wedge off the tee. At the absolute worst he had to be where DeChambeau was. 

Now he's got a tester for par. 

If he makes par it looks like he’ll have 1 more chance on the 18th after Thomas 2nd. 

25 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

JT with balls of steel on that drive. A yard to the left and that was wet.

Not a chance. He was 10-20 yards left of where he was intending.  

McGinley is an idiot, telling us how Thomas brilliantly shaped the ball round the corner on 16 such that he would only have about a 7 iron for his second. FFS he had a wood in for his second as he was miles back having not caught the tee shot properly at all. Even when Ewen Murray raised the possibility that it wasn't such a great shot McGinley was having none of it.

Likewise despite McGinley praising the tee shot on 18 JT's reaction clearly told you he had been very worried about it when the ball was in flight. Credit to JT who played superbly but those two shots were far from his best shots.

Disappointed Westwood didn't win. For those who think he doesn't have a short game, he hit it really poorly today but got it round a brute of a course in level par. 

I'd love to see him win a Major. My suspicion is he won't but he's had a great career despite the views of those who do him down. Comes across as a top bloke too IMHO.

Disappointed Westwood didn't win. For those who think he doesn't have a short game, he hit it really poorly today but got it round a brute of a course in level par. 
I'd love to see him win a Major. My suspicion is he won't but he's had a great career despite the views of those who do him down. Comes across as a top bloke too IMHO.

He's had a career many players would have killed for, but like Monty looks like a major might be the one thing that eludes him. On current form well worth an ew bet at The Masters.

His interviews were great, said how he doesn't take it as seriously as some, but felt his legs were a bit tired today.

He's off to play Augusta tomorrow with his son who will also be caddying for him there in April. Seems to be in a good place mentally at the moment.