Golfers Thread

Gaz

**Fantasy Golf Week 11**

IMG_20210319_214110.thumb.jpg.82321020df7abfbca0ee0efdf6d56979.jpg

there's something in the water

PGA National played tough for everyone except 5 shot winner Matt Jones. 270 balls were lost to to the wet stuff and holes 14-17 played 364 over par for the week. South African Justin Harding won in Kenya, but it was a quiet week points wise, Sunjae Im, Adam Scott, Garrick Higgo, Sam Horsfield and Conor Syme were the only fantasy league scorers.

Disclaimer: I forgot to allocate points for Sunjae Im sneaking into the top 20 last week. This prompted a full audit and found that Daniel Berger's points were also wrong, but he's not in anyone's team. I'd also done myself out of 10 points somewhere along the way (honestly) and someone else was also 4 points short. All up to date now though.

Standings

627 @J_Stewart

618 @die hard doonhamer

571 @Tartan Dave

566 @Mr Kane and the lemon cafe

526 @alta-pete

517 @lichtie23

515 @Ro Sham Bo

467 @peasy23

465 @Henderson to deliver .....

386 @Distant Doonhamer

367 @Honest_Man#1

The Road to Augusta prize may well be decided this week as I don't think the fields next week will be particularly strong the week before the Masters. Arguably everyone within 150 points of the leader has a shout, given that there's 3 tournaments this week, with one being a x1.5 bonus event. The matchplay format also means that it could be a high scoring week if someone gets 3 into the semi finals.

There's an early start in Kenya on the European Tour and the Corales Puntacana in the Dominican Republic. All eyes will be on the WGC Matchplay at Austin Country Club in Texas though. Another tough Pete Dye course with plenty sand and water. It's a course with two contrasting 9's, one being relatively flat alongside the water and one with quite severe elevation changes routed through a canyon, perfectly suited to matchplay golf.

1.-The-2019-WGC-Dell-Technologies-Match-Play-Preview-Prediction.thumb.png.637d613223ba53b16475b7d7d07eaad9.png

59 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I would be surprised if Pete Cowen has altered his pricing structure any just because it is Rory. He takes 4% of a player's winnings, but only if they are in the top 10.

Quite an interesting way to structure it, Cowen obviously believes in his own abilities to get the best out of players. 

I wonder who the Ryder Cupper he refuses to take back is? 

Quite an interesting way to structure it, Cowen obviously believes in his own abilities to get the best out of players. 

I wonder who the Ryder Cupper he refuses to take back is? 
He obviously has great belief that if players do what he tells them to do then they will get better and be challenging to win more often than not.

He's deliberately made that comment very vague as he has worked with lots of Ryder Cup players who have gone into the top 50 in the world.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Cut line in Kenya is -3 at the moment. David Drysdale top of the leaderboard just now on -12 alongside last weekend's winner Justin Harding.

Cut line -4 now. 

After his fine showing last week Syme looks very like missing the cut. One over after 11 holes so will need to play the final 8 holes in 5 under as things stand. Forrest on the same mark as Syme. Howie, Law and Ferguson also with work to do to make the cut.

Cut line -4 now. 
After his fine showing last week Syme looks very like missing the cut. One over after 11 holes so will need to play the final 8 holes in 5 under as things stand. Forrest on the same mark as Syme. Howie, Law and Ferguson also with work to do to make the cut.
Sadly it looks like a cluster of Scots will miss the cut by a shot or two, most of them running out of holes.

Sky have switched their coverage to the WGC Matchplay. Poulter 2 up against McIlroy after 4 holes, McIlroy 3 putting from nowhere to hand Poulter that last hole.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

The commentators have just agreed that Rory is the best European player ever. f**k me gently.

That’s second time I’ve heard that clown say that today, all whilst Rory is hacking his way round the course missing fairways and greens on nearly every hole.