Golfers Thread

Gaz

**Fantasy Golf Week 30**

IMG_20210806_115913.jpg.0e5a21003cc9c7c4badf13bb36a2ff56.jpg

Goldfinger

Nadia Comaneci, Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt, Jessie Owens, Rory Sabbatini, CT Pan. The list of greatest Olympians has a couple of new members. Big Xander won the gold though. Many still have misgivings about golf being in the Olympics, but there's no doubt that it's rising in popularity with a stronger field this time round, which may get even stronger in 3 years time with the venue being le epic Le Golf National in Paris, scene of course for the absolute hounding of the US Ryder Cup team in 2018.

Overall Standings 

@die hard doonhamer looks unbeatable at the moment, with 2/3 of the season gone, racking up huge scores in the recent bonus point events. 

1648 @die hard doonhamer

1520 @Tartan Dave

1358 @peasy23

1322 @Ro Sham Bo

1302 @Honest_Man#1

1287 @J_Stewart

1278 @alta-pete

1192 @Frank Sobotka

1176 @Mr Kane and the lemon cafe

1143 @lichtie23

1008 @Distant Doonhamer

The Race to Whistling Straits table is slightly closer, with 5 in contention and around 7 or 8 weeks to go.

996 @die hard doonhamer

918 @Tartan Dave

851 @peasy23

846 @Honest_Man#1

832 @Ro Sham Bo

640 @alta-pete

628 @Frank Sobotka

610 @J_Stewart

604 @Distant Doonhamer

558 @lichtie23

451 @Mr Kane and the lemon cafe

149217-St-Andrews.thumb.jpg.3daaafd931c6c293fdfdb384de0d94d9.jpg

We're back in home of golf with a visit to a windy St Andrews for the Hero Open on the European Tour. It's the Fairmont course thankfully, as apparently the Old Course is the worst course in the world !!

old-greenwood_d8322d02-b0f9-4b10-bba8-600d6665450e.jpg.122a338f65b006da9e812c8c38830fe4.jpg

The alternate PGA event this week is a wee stableford competition at the Barracuda Championship , which is a nice change of pace. Playing at a lovely Jack Nicklaus design near Lake Tahoe in California.

jxtI3VTj_400x400.jpg.84f04d6a9924f5e94a6d89eee87ccab4.jpg

The big boy event is of course a 1.5x bonus WGC, The St Jude Invitational. The world's best tee it up at TPC Southwind. Not much to say about the course, standard TPC, corporate golf design by numbers with water, water and *checks notes* more water.

Incidentally, St Jude was one of Jesus' 12 disciples/ryder cup teammates and is the patron saint of lost causes, perhaps something for all the fantasy leaguers that aren't die hard doonhamer to ponder.

St-Jude.jpg.3c55e07da2eda34b91343aa65fa99d8d.jpg

Off to play Kingsbarns on Tuesday and staying over night in Leven, will try and get another game on the Wednesday before heading back down the road. The plan was to play Dumbarnie but the Scottish Women’s Open is there this week so will come back for that another day.

We were going to head into St Andrews on the Tuesday night for a couple of drinks, for anyone who knows that area better then me, would we find any decent places for a pint in Leven or surrounding areas, or is St Andrews our best bet? And if so how much would a taxi skin us from Leven to St Andrews?

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Off to play Kingsbarns on Tuesday and staying over night in Leven, will try and get another game on the Wednesday before heading back down the road. The plan was to play Dumbarnie but the Scottish Women’s Open is there this week so will come back for that another day.

We were going to head into St Andrews on the Tuesday night for a couple of drinks, for anyone who knows that area better then me, would we find any decent places for a pint in Leven or surrounding areas, or is St Andrews our best bet? And if so how much would a taxi skin us from Leven to St Andrews?

If you’d pay the fee for St Andrews I recommend phoning them the night before and telling them you’d take a tee time next day if one’s available. I played it yesterday after winning through ballot, we were just a 2 ball and the starter told us you can get a round via phoning

7 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

If you’d pay the fee for St Andrews I recommend phoning them the night before and telling them you’d take a tee time next day if one’s available. I played it yesterday after winning through ballot, we were just a 2 ball and the starter told us you can get a round via phoning

I’ve played it twice in the last couple of months through the ballot as well. Don’t fancy another 195 quid on top of Kingsbarns, but it was a great experience. 

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Just stay in leven mcphails is ok for a Tuesday night pint and food.nothing special mind.

I'd recommend playing leven links aswell if you don't want to pay the st Andrews green fees but it's really easy to get a round on the old course just now due to lack of foreign visitors.Dont think I've heard of anybody not "winning" the ballot just now 

Just now, peasy23 said:

Yikes. Forrest gets a flier on 14 through the back into what looks a shite lie.

Yeah. I would make Morrison slight favourite at the moment. Hill looks like he's a bit rattled and Law might be running out of holes. Big chip coming up for Forrest. 

Yeah. I would make Morrison slight favourite at the moment. Hill looks like he's a bit rattled and Law might be running out of holes. Big chip coming up for Forrest. 
After Forrest taking an iron from the tee for position and found the rough.

Does he think he is me?