Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Faldo being asked about how to pick a winning Ryder Cup team at the moment 🫣

It was bad enough losing, but he managed to guide a team to a horsing by a Yank team including jobbers like Kenny Perry, Boo Weekley and JB Holmes.

On 23/06/2023 at 22:10, Disco Duck said:

What’s the best course people have played? 

I've played all the Open courses in Scotland and obviously they're all incredible but tbh, Muirfield in the sunshine was probably the best experience.  Love Royal Troon too as the front 9 gives you a decent chance to score before you have to hold on coming home. 

That all said, my all-time fave is Moray Old in Lossiemouth - it has the best finishing hole in Scotland IMO.

Moray overview.jpg

n13aatHbLb7hDB.jpg

On 26/06/2023 at 23:27, Central Belt Caley said:

Dumbarnie is probably number 1 for me, both of the courses at Blairgowrie are fantastic aswell. Played their scratch open a couple years on the trot when I was still playing, £60 for 36 holes and you get your lunch in the middle.  

In the more affordable category I’d go for Golspie, fantastic links/heathland mix. Played it many times when up visiting my grandparents as a youngster. 

Now I'm intrigued as to who your grandparents are. My dad tried and failed to teach me golf at Golspie! 

Adam Hadwin showing no ill effects from being on the wrong end of that rugby tackle at the Canadian Open.

Ludvig Aberg looks like a future star, and Luke Donald is supposedly keeping tabs on him for a possible Ryder Cup spot.

Edited by peasy23

9 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

I've played all the Open courses in Scotland and obviously they're all incredible but tbh, Muirfield in the sunshine was probably the best experience.  Love Royal Troon too as the front 9 gives you a decent chance to score before you have to hold on coming home. 

That all said, my all-time fave is Moray Old in Lossiemouth - it has the best finishing hole in Scotland IMO.

Moray overview.jpg

n13aatHbLb7hDB.jpg

Played Moray Old a couple of years back. Absolutely loved it. That view very much helped by playing really well and having a tap in par on the 18th after hitting a great drive and a 3 wood to the heart of the green. Lovely stuff. 

6 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I was lucky enough to play it in the april before the Ryder Cup, was in superb condition. I have also played Dundonald a couple of times and thats superb.

Dundonald is top of my list of courses I want to play. Looks amazing

5 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Some run by Hillier to play 15, 16 & 17 in 5 under par to shoot to the top of the leaderboard. 

Finish 3, 4, 3, 3, 3, 4 at the Belfrey and you'll be lapping the field. Tremendous 

47 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

He did birdie 18 though and that combined with Hill's bogey means Hill misses out on one of The Open spots.

And hardly anyone else birdied 18 all day. Gutted for Hill.

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Anyone play this morning? Got caught in a couple of showers that weren't too bad, but it was torrential just before 12 as we were on the 13th green and 14th tee, worst I've had on the course for a while.

Played this afternoon. Couple of brief  showers early on but very windy. Tough going.