Golfers Thread

Gaz

Managed to shoot 80-8 for a net 72 yesterday despite 2 double bogeys on the back 9. 

Started the season at 7.2 got as high as 8.4 at one stage and now back to 7.3. Have played 20+ competitive rounds this season to change overall by 0.1 :lol:

Lots of bad stuff mixed in with a few really good rounds. Anyway happy to be back to 7 again.

Below are my stats from Howdidido site.image.png.5c6c86dbdd794c05aeee734479e6e3ff.png

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Just took up golf again at the end of the summer. I say again but I only really played for a year or so when I was about 10/11 but I was pretty shit so never really got into it. Playing ok but a bit inconsistent, the amount of putts at around 4ft that I miss is disgusting and probably adds about ten shots to my score every round, think its probably just a lapse of concentration but also tempted to try out a new putter to see if it makes any difference...

Been having a wee look at winter memberships/tickets.

I'm keen to play right through the winter again but most of the courses up my way (Cumbernauld) are pretty soggy over the winter. I'm 25 so can get some good deals on intermediate rates. Anyone aware of any good offers going just now? I'd end up using it just about every week.

Just took up golf again at the end of the summer. I say again but I only really played for a year or so when I was about 10/11 but I was pretty shit so never really got into it. Playing ok but a bit inconsistent, the amount of putts at around 4ft that I miss is disgusting and probably adds about ten shots to my score every round, think its probably just a lapse of concentration but also tempted to try out a new putter to see if it makes any difference...
I'm not to bad with putting its reading the lines that's my issue a simple right to left can throw me, 6ft in are the most nerve racking just take your time and you will sink more I find I get over confident on short putts and rush them and miss, don't blame your tools lol
Been having a wee look at winter memberships/tickets.
I'm keen to play right through the winter again but most of the courses up my way (Cumbernauld) are pretty soggy over the winter. I'm 25 so can get some good deals on intermediate rates. Anyone aware of any good offers going just now? I'd end up using it just about every week.
I play lethem hill on Cumbernauld road Glasgow end and is quite soggy but I have played sandy hills and drumpelier both good courses in wet conditions

Connor Syme is making his pro debut at the Portuguese Open this weekend, he has hit 68 and 69 to be 5 under after 36 holes and comfortably make the cut.

Hopefully he kicks on and does well for himself. There is a long, long list of Scottish golfers who were near the top of the world rankings but who haven't managed to crack the Pro circuit.

Hopefully he kicks on and does well for himself. There is a long, long list of Scottish golfers who were near the top of the world rankings but who haven't managed to crack the Pro circuit.

Can think of guys like Gordon Sherry and Lloyd Saltman who struggled in the pro ranks, Connor should get a huge confidence boost at starting so well .

I see he has joined Niall Horan's management company.

Played my first round in over a year yesterday at Ladybank.

Lovely day but quite probably the worst round of golf that I care to remember.

Scraped one par but for the most part blundered my way round in 6s and 7s with the odd 5 chucked in now and again.

I see Paul Dunne wins his first title. Chuffed for him. However it's the British Masters and not one Scotsman anywhere near the top of LB. A real poor showing

To be fair Richie Ramsay was tied 8th and Marc Warren and Stevie Gallacher were in the top 20. That's better than the average tour event result. No winners on tour so far this year though although Richie Ramsay has been in good form since the summer and is roughly 20th in the Race to Dubai.

To be fair Richie Ramsay was tied 8th and Marc Warren and Stevie Gallacher were in the top 20. That's better than the average tour event result. No winners on tour so far this year though although Richie Ramsay has been in good form since the summer and is roughly 20th in the Race to Dubai.

Apologies... just flicked through top of leaderboard so must have just missed Ramsay.
Still no winners this year and 1 top 20 position. Not good from a country that possibly has more golf courses per capita that anyone else, certainly Ireland

Apologies... just flicked through top of leaderboard so must have just missed Ramsay.
Still no winners this year and 1 top 20 position. Not good from a country that possibly has more golf courses per capita that anyone else, certainly Ireland

Ramsay was actually off in the penultimate group with Dunne but couldn't buy a putt all day.

Overall though yeah it's very poor. There is always the odd player that breaks into the top 50 in the world on the back of a good season but none can sustain it. It's not asking too much to have at least one player as a steady top 50 player surely? Even Russell Knox has dropped well down the rankings and he looked as though he might have been the man to consistently stay there.

Maybe Ramsay will get there if he continues his progress. It's the Dunhill Links this week though and generally I think the Scottish players have a good record there.

On 02/10/2017 at 19:54, Ro Sham Bo said:

Ramsay was actually off in the penultimate group with Dunne but couldn't buy a putt all day.

Overall though yeah it's very poor. There is always the odd player that breaks into the top 50 in the world on the back of a good season but none can sustain it. It's not asking too much to have at least one player as a steady top 50 player surely? Even Russell Knox has dropped well down the rankings and he looked as though he might have been the man to consistently stay there.

Maybe Ramsay will get there if he continues his progress. It's the Dunhill Links this week though and generally I think the Scottish players have a good record there.

Knox is 61st in the rankings having been as high as 18th in February this year. Martin Laird currently 94th having been outside the top 200 in first half of 2016. Ramsay 118 having been 231 at end of 2016.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer