Golfers Thread

Gaz

I`ve not watched a single shot of this "shoot out"

I`m really pleased that the comments on here would suggest that it`s been every bit as shit as I hoped/expected  it would be.

The notion that people would pay to watch it. Good God. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

11 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

Tiger’s worth $750 million and Phil $375 million.

f**k they need to do this. Should gain some respect and give It all to charity.

That`s Phil worth another $9million after tonight according to BBC.  It`s a tough life.

What an utterly tasteless and pathetic event. 

It was a total nonsense. A prize of $9 million dollars settled by a floodlit pitch and putt contest in near darkness.

I assume the idea of the two of them being mic'd up was to somehow make the two of them come across as more likeable but it just confirmed the opposite to me.

6 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Tiger’s worth $750 million and Phil $375 million.

f**k they need to do this. Should gain some respect and give It all to charity.

Going by the Sky Sports News report on it, they were making wagers as they went around the course and that money went to charity.

One was $100k for nearest to the pin, for example.

Going by the Sky Sports News report on it, they were making wagers as they went around the course and that money went to charity.
One was $100k for nearest to the pin, for example.

The places a 1 million bet on if they could hope their 2nd shot on a par 4. Nobody got close.

Robert MacIntyre t12th along with David Drysdale in the Hong Kong Open after three rounds.
Unfortunately McIntyre hit 75 to drop away to tied 57th place, but Drysdale hit 68 to finish 5th. Grant Forrest ended up T36th, while Law and Johnston were bringing up the rear of those who made the cut. Important thing for all of them though will be to play all 4 rounds as often as possible, need to be making money every week.

36 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
18 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Robert MacIntyre t12th along with David Drysdale in the Hong Kong Open after three rounds.

Unfortunately McIntyre hit 75 to drop away to tied 57th place, but Drysdale hit 68 to finish 5th. Grant Forrest ended up T36th, while Law and Johnston were bringing up the rear of those who made the cut. Important thing for all of them though will be to play all 4 rounds as often as possible, need to be making money every week.

A lesson for McIntyre as well on keeping it together for all 4 rounds. Even a level par round would've gotten him some good points in the bag. I remember looking at some of Connor Syme's results in the first half of last season and on a good few occasions he was well placed after 2 or 3 rounds before spending some serious cash at the weekend.

A lesson for McIntyre as well on keeping it together for all 4 rounds. Even a level par round would've gotten him some good points in the bag. I remember looking at some of Connor Syme's results in the first half of last season and on a good few occasions he was well placed after 2 or 3 rounds before spending some serious cash at the weekend.
Yep, will a harsh lesson for him. Good start for Drysdale, bagged around 80k which gives him a really good base to build on for the rest of the season.

9 hours ago, peasy23 said:

A closing 68 for Grant Forrest sees him finish in a 4 way tie for 7th place.

Good start to his Tour career after a decent finish last week. You'd like to hope that, of the 4 players that qualified via the challenge tour, at least a couple will manage to retain their cards.

On 25/11/2018 at 09:45, peasy23 said:
On 25/11/2018 at 09:42, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yep, will a harsh lesson for him. Good start for Drysdale, bagged around 80k which gives him a really good base to build on for the rest of the season.

MacIntyre finished tied for 15th in the South African open. He was tied for 5th after the 3rd round but fell back down a tightly packed leaderboard after a level par final round.

Marc Warren and Ewen Ferguson both finished in the top 30.

Hopefully it stays that way. It will be disappointing if at least a couple of them don't go on to finish top 10.
Scott Jamieson is -11 after round 3 and leads by 1. Warren had a nightmare start, dropping 3 shots in the first 4 holes, but he clawed it back to hit a level par round to be 4 back and tied 5th, along with Drysdale who was -1 for today. Doug McGuigan was +4 and drops away to 29th, while Robert McIntyre continues his steady form and is tied 24th at -3.