Golfers Thread

Gaz

32 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

He's everything I hate about modern golf, all brawn, no brain.    Arrogant, a lack of humility and in essence an absolute knob.

Between the equipment and sheer brawn his type of player cause fantastic courses to become obsolete as they power it out of trouble.

Narrow out of bounds would sort him.

Correct. He is a complete and utter cock. 3 years ago he was in the final group on the last day with Richard McEvoy in the last round of the European Open. McEvoy was the very definition of a journeyman pro who had never won on tour before. McEvoy won that day and De Chambeau shot 78. The way De Chambeau treated McEvoy on the 18th green (barely shaking his hand never mind congratulating him) was a complete disgrace. No doubt he was disappointed and probably expected to win....the fact he didn’t wasn’t McEvoy’s fault. 

34 minutes ago, Drewmc said:

Correct. He is a complete and utter cock. 3 years ago he was in the final group on the last day with Richard McEvoy in the last round of the European Open. McEvoy was the very definition of a journeyman pro who had never won on tour before. McEvoy won that day and De Chambeau shot 78. The way De Chambeau treated McEvoy on the 18th green (barely shaking his hand never mind congratulating him) was a complete disgrace. No doubt he was disappointed and probably expected to win....the fact he didn’t wasn’t McEvoy’s fault. 

Yeah I remember watching that. I think he later apologised but it was utterly pathetic. 

I see MacIntyre shot +2. It looks from the scoring that the afternoon starters had the worst of the draw so hopefully he'll make some progress tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Match play comp again tonight. Giving the boy 7 strokes as I was in the last round. Last 4 if I can get through. Wish me luck lads 

5&3 win! Was 1 down after 9 and playing sloppy but then rattled off 6 straight holes to win it! 

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Great work. When is the semi-final?

Good luck whenever it is.

f**k knows. In my side of the draw there is still a 1st round match to be played.  Iv got a nice bit of form lately so in a perfect world I would be playing it next week but it’s not to be. 

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

f**k knows. In my side of the draw there is still a 1st round match to be played.  Iv got a nice bit of form lately so in a perfect world I would be playing it next week but it’s not to be. 

Presumably there must be a deadline for that 1st round match to be played. In my club if players don't play by the agreed deadline then both are eliminated.

9 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Presumably there must be a deadline for that 1st round match to be played. In my club if players don't play by the agreed deadline then both are eliminated.

I think the boy in question has had a wee injury which has delayed things. 

Il tell you what Iv enjoyed most about the comp. it’s the fact Iv played a few boys Iv never met before and got to know them. They’ve all been really sound and Iv enjoyed my rounds. Might be different Iv I’d lost tho to be fair 

Il tell you what Iv enjoyed most about the comp. it’s the fact Iv played a few boys Iv never met before and got to know them. They’ve all been really sound and Iv enjoyed my rounds. Might be different Iv I’d lost tho to be fair 

Agreed. It’s a great way to meet other club members. I now regularly play with a couple of guys who I initially met through club knock out matches.

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Agreed. It’s a great way to meet other club members. I now regularly play with a couple of guys who I initially met through club knock out matches.

Iv kept the guys numbers (I asked, and they said yes) and will definitely be getting a few rounds and post round drinks with them. 

An apology from Bryson. To me it sounds like Cobra have told him any more shite like that and you can find a new sponsor. 20210716_004501.thumb.jpg.eccd57ba9bf8aafa0964bbac84765f3b.jpg

Back to his comments earlier, wouldn't it be wonderful if all your mishit shots went straight like Bryson wants his to do. Would be a much easier game to play.

An apology from Bryson. To me it sounds like Cobra have told him any more shite like that and you can find a new sponsor. 20210716_004501.thumb.jpg.eccd57ba9bf8aafa0964bbac84765f3b.jpg

Back to his comments earlier, wouldn't it be wonderful if all your mishit shots went straight like Bryson wants his to do. Would be a much easier game to play.
I think he's extremely lucky to have a brand like cobra behind him building all his experimental clubs and allowing him to hit them everywhere but the fairway, it's him that brings that brand down not the other way round

13 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Interesting chat on Radio 5 Live about Mickelson, and what one is the real one these days. Is it the one who broke records at Kiawah or the hacker that showed up and shot plus 10 today?

It's going to be a choice that Stricker will have to make soon. I can't ever recall an American or European major winner not playing in the Ryder Cup in the same year.

I love Phil, and would love him to be at The Ryder Cup for entertainment value, but vast majority of the time he’s stinking the place out unfortunately. Would be a bold move to take him.