Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Bob takes a 6 at the second and is now +2.

Steady play required now to make sure he makes the cut. 

Back to back tap-in birdies at 7 and 8 have helped a lot

Can't be easy when one of your playing partners has the worst score of all entrants.  Laird Shepherd really needs to decide if he is a Land Owner, responsible for a flock of sheep or a golfer.....he can't do them all at once.

Edited by Caledonian1

Just now, Tartan Dave said:

Is there a reason they do featured groups rather than just normal coverage all day? Masters decision I assume?

Yip...it's all about keeping the "mystique" of the Masters 

4 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

It’s okay when you have a bet on one or two of the featured guys but it’s a bit boring. Miss a lot of what’s going on

Youre as well watching individual golfers on the Masters Leaderboard - I have seen pretty much all of McIntyre's shots this afternoon....seems to be a case of a couple of birdies then a couple bogeys etc.....even par after 13 (birdied 12 and 13)  I havent watched any of the TV coverage today - there is always the chance that McGinley is commentating (Rory is out on the course) and thats not bearable....nor is the pathetic constant referring to the crowd as patrons....as if it is illegal to call them anything else.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Youre as well watching individual golfers on the Masters Leaderboard - I have seen pretty much all of McIntyre's shots this afternoon....seems to be a case of a couple of birdies then a couple bogeys etc.....even par after 13 (birdied 12 and 13)  I havent watched any of the TV coverage today - there is always the chance that McGinley is commentating (Rory is out on the course) and thats not bearable....nor is the pathetic constant referring to the crowd as patrons....as if it is illegal to call them anything else.

Yeah I'm on the app discovered it last year and unlike the pga app it has no "you cannot watch this because you are outside of the USA " limitations so for that the masters must be congratulated 

Just now, IrishBhoy said:

The Masters app is top class btw. Almost every shot shown a couple of minutes after it happens live. Boab just birdied the 12th. 

you must be a bit behind me then as he birdied 13 a few mins ago - drive at 14 in decent position too

Just now, Caledonian1 said:

you must be a bit behind me then as he birdied 13 a few mins ago - drive at 14 in decent position too

Aye I thought it was in trouble as bob was shouting "sit sit" at his ba 🤣

6 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I was just watching the catch up bit when you click into a players scorecard. He had already birdied the 13th when I posted that. 

3 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Last year on the website I remember the videos autoplaying of guys you starred but struggling to find that this year, does anyone know if that’s still possible?

I've bob starred on the app..it doesn't autoplay it just has him at the top of the leaderboard  so easy to find  

3 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Last year on the website I remember the videos autoplaying of guys you starred but struggling to find that this year, does anyone know if that’s still possible?

I have "starred" McIntyre and see all his shots...sems to be same as last year.  I have been working and look up each time I hear that he is playing another shot.

....that was a poor putt for what would have been his third birdie in a row.

26 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Oosthuizen pulls out with injury. 

Agree about the Masters leaderboard coverage. 

I've got the TV coverage on but tracking Bob via the Masters website. I know its a bit easier with a smaller field but it's first class coverage. 

It would be good if the PGA Tour app could be of the same standard for the regular events. That app is painfully slow to update and if you are trying to follow a particular golfer it’s a headache. Getting to see basically every shot from the course a few minutes after it’s happened should be the standard, as the technology obviously exists. 

Boab drops another shot after a bogie at the par 3 16th. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Par at the 17th for Bob. He's played the last three in +1 but he's had to make three decent putts to manage even that. 

Safely aboard the 18th now so 2 putts to be handily placed for the weekend...it's carnage out there now 

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Safely aboard the 18th now so 2 putts to be handily placed for the weekend...it's carnage out there now 

Yeah currently tied 33rd but you would expect that to improve over the course of the day. Keeps up his 100% cut rate in majors.