Darts...

Sideshow

I came up with a theory with a mate of mine 5 years ago that Steve Beaton represented the prime meridian of professional darts players - if you're a better player than Steve Beaton, you had a shot at winning a tournament. If you were worse than him though, you had no chance whatsoever.

Unfortunately he's regressed so much now he's just a no-hoper. Hard to figure out who the prime meridian is now.

Good to have the worlds back on though. This is the start of Christmas now.

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

I came up with a theory with a mate of mine 5 years ago that Steve Beaton represented the prime meridian of professional darts players - if you're a better player than Steve Beaton, you had a shot at winning a tournament. If you were worse than him though, you had no chance whatsoever.

Unfortunately he's regressed so much now he's just a no-hoper. Hard to figure out who the prime meridian is now.

Steve Beaton? He's not Adonis; he's THE DONIS!

prime meridian these days would be Aidy Lewis IMO.

It just doesn't feel right this World Champs does it? Absolutely nothing special about it and just a continuation of the other closed door majors rally it doesn't feel any different.

A real shame but least we have some darts to watch. The crowd were generally mutants at the worlds but it's certainly missing them this event for what should be the biggest show of them all.

22 minutes ago, Neilly said:

It just doesn't feel right this World Champs does it? Absolutely nothing special about it and just a continuation of the other closed door majors rally it doesn't feel any different.

A real shame but least we have some darts to watch. The crowd were generally mutants at the worlds but it's certainly missing them this event for what should be the biggest show of them all.

Yeah I think darts has suffered the most out of any sport from not having fans in. Maybe because it's a sport where momentum plays such a big part in the outcome, and the crowd make those momentum swings a lot more dramatic?

Seeing John Henderson has lost a load of weight, looks a bit healthier now. Last couple of years he has looked like he is a sausage supper away from a heart attack. I was on the same flight as him going to Alicante about 8 years ago now, and I was genuinely worried about the weight distribution of the plane. I was a few rows infront of him but by his size I think he was taking up 2 seats. If he wasn’t I wouldn’t have liked to be the person next to him.