Darts...

Sideshow

Sheffield

Barney vs. Lewis ( Challenge Match )

Taylor vs. Priestley ( Challenge Match )

Jenkins vs. Part

Wade vs. Klaasen

Cardiff

Klaasen vs. Webster ( Challenge Match )

Part vs. Anderson ( Challenge Match )

Barney vs. Jenkins

King vs. Taylor

Why 2 challenge matches on each night ? Where is The King and The Machine ? Is it something to do with already having played Mardle twice ??

Edited by RedWeb

Bristow, Lowe and George are touring Scotland this week. More of a chat show than serious darts I guess. But will be a good night to hear their stories about the good old days.

I'm heading along to this. Should be a good night.

I'm assuming that King and Wade's matches were with Mardle.

I think I've worked it out. When Mardle was missing for 2 weeks 2 matches were brought forward to replace his matches. This means that if he'd been fit Mardle would have been involved in 2 matches during the final 2 weeks...his scheduled match and the one put back from an earlier week. Therefore there are now 2 slots to fill. There is only one challenge match required in Aberdeen because we know now Mardle is out to so there is no need to postpone his match and bring one forward as we just need to fill in for his scheduled game.

:wacko:

Legends on the Oche was great fun last night. Bobby George is still recovering from his bad shoulder so he did mostly talking and only played two games against people from the audience.

John Lowe was terrific, throwing four 180s and generally having a very good standard. Bristow was decent enough.

Highlight for me was Duncan Norvelle. Hilarious from the first minute to the last.

Legends on the Oche was great fun last night. Bobby George is still recovering from his bad shoulder so he did mostly talking and only played two games against people from the audience.

John Lowe was terrific, throwing four 180s and generally having a very good standard. Bristow was decent enough.

Highlight for me was Duncan Norvelle. Hilarious from the first minute to the last.

Seriously? :huh:

Anyone else see Taylors average from Aberdeen the other night, feking crazy, highest average caught on tv EVER. 116.01 he also missed 8 darts at doubles so it would have been even better.

Watched it when I got in from work and it was impressive. It was only over 11 legs though...

Two really entertaining challenge matches tonight - just how they should be. The other two matches are effectively meaningless, though what happens in the Wade match could determine who plays who in the play offs.

First up ... HOT WALK ON GIRL IS BACK !!! Right, here we go. I might be only doing this for this match, but my Sky Sports 2 is playing up so I'm down on the PC for now untill that gets better.

MARK WEBSTER 3-7 JELLE KLAASEN

Over 40 Checkouts

Webby : 75, 64

The Matador : 87, 72, 80

180s

Webby : None.

The Matador : None.

NOTES

That wasn't great. Jelle Klaasen stepped things up a wee bit after Webster took his second leg of the match, and that was enough for Webster who clearly isn't playing to the best of his ability right now. Klaasen was more lethal on the doubles than he has been as well.

GARY ANDERSON 7-4 JOHN PART

Over 40 Checkouts

Flying Scotsman : 81, 48, 121

Darth Maple : 70, 79

180s

Flying Scotsman : 5

Darth Maple : 4

NOTES

Right. John Part is his usual solid self. He's nothing if not consistant. Gary Anderson has fallen away a wee bit, but considering the way he started the match, he wasn't going to keep that sort of standard going. He should still be looking at this as the sort of matches he should be winning though.

Anderson looked absolutely delighted with the way he was playing on that stage, as well he should be. Well done to the guy.

TERRY JENKINS 7-7 RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD

Over 40 Checkouts

The Bull : 41, 41, 120

Barney : 56

180s

The Bull : 7

Barney : 3

Some decent quality from this match here. Jenkins has actually done well to keep himself in the match as Barneveld is playing some fantastic darts before the break.

That was pretty enjoyable ! Barney started brilliantly in the match but just couldn't seal the deal. Jenkins managed to pull himself back into the match and played some amazing darts and I actually thought he was going to win the match with the way he was playing. Shame that he didn't.

Edited by DomDom

Saw the last few legs of the match and Anderson was flinging some brilliant darts. Looks some player and a definite threat to the top boys if he can adjust to the TV cameras and big crowds. First time I've seen him play for a while and he has a really smooth action and the arrows just fly into the 60. 107 average is pretty decent too and the good thing is he looked genuinely disappointed not to average more.

Good showing from Anderson last night, he's been on form in the floor tournaments recently as well.

Here's hoping both Webster and Anderson give a good account of themselves at the UK Open next month.