Darts...

Sideshow

Nobody will be reading by the looks of things, but hey, I'm doing it anyways. :lol:

It's also going to have a slightly different format. Gone will be the Notes, and in come thougts at the end of each part.

Question before this match gets going ... what is it with Barneveld in Scotland ? It was the same in Edinburgh. Mental, mental crowds for this man.

JOHN PART 1-8 RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD

Over 40 Checkouts

Darth Maple :

Barney : 56, 91, 71, 58,

180s

Darth Maple : 1

Barney : 4

FIRST PART

John Part has been gradually getting worse through the match and you can't blame him as his confidence must be taking a bit of a battering here. Part hasn't been bad here. The scoreline is very harsh on Part but at the same time, it's also fair, as Barneveld has been absolutely magical. This pro-Barney crowd are adoring every second and you can't blame them. 6-0 and cruising.

THE END

BOOOOOOO !!! I wanted a whitewash. :(

Utterly incredible from Raymond Van Barneveld. I've already summed up my thoughts above. John Part did really well to win the leg that he won and I guess he deserves the leg for at least keeping steady and playing reasonably well, but this was the night of Barneveld.

TRAPPED UNDER ICE !!! \m/

WAYNE MARDLE 1-6 TERRY JENKINS

Over 40 Checkouts

Hawaii 501 : 56

The Bull : 80, 80

180s

Hawaii 501 : 2

The Bull : 1

FIRST PART

I did need to note this as I'd usually be getting on the back of the fans booing Mardle but he really did bring this on himself. That doesn't mean the fans booing such pressure shots are in the good books of myself though. Wayne Mardle playing the crowd

I'm busy so I'll be back for the next match.

Edited by DomDom

Mardle wasn't terrible tonight actually. He was just outclassed big time by a very steady and on form Jenkins.

Klaasen and Taylor played a blinder tonight.

King : "I don't know if there was something wrong with his head ... but that wasn't James Wade.". Indeed. Massive disappointment.

If anyone heard someone scream "f**kING FINALLY !!!" then it was probably me. I followed it up about 4 throws later with another.

You can't script this better. Just when I'm needing it, the form is going through the roof, the belief is there like it's never been before and I'm now hitting Double 16 with the sort of accuracy that should probably be beyond me.

I can't describe how I'm feeling at the oche at the moment. It's coming together.

That's a quote from me from another forum.

Needless to say I'm feeling it. I've now hit FIVE 12 and 11 darters in the last four hours.

Just got back from the SECC - cracking night all round, despite the poor performances from Part, Wade and, to an extent, Mardle.

The crowd was hot for Barney vs Part, and it was just amazing to be there to witness the Klaasen/Taylor battle.

Can't wait 'til next year already! :D

Another double for the Power in Holland. Good to see Gary Anderson in both finals though, very encouraging.

Taylor has earned almost £250, 000 since January. I'm not a great fan of his but that is superb.

The scorer guy (Russ Bray?) with the crokey voice was at the Stenny game on Saturday and I ended up chatting to him for a bit. Top bloke who had been doing en exhibition with Barney and Gary Anderson in Alloa on Friday and who likes his football as well.

I'm guessing a few of the guys reading this fall into the 18-25 age bracket so i thought id post this a link to the form for the British 18-25 championships. Shocking though how i cant find a date or venue for it, but i made inquires tonight and i should know soon. Itll be at the Bannockburn club. The winner gets a spot at the winmau masters. Would probably be a good day out though.

http://www.scottishdarts.com/18-25entry2009.pdf

I'm guessing a few of the guys reading this fall into the 18-25 age bracket so i thought id post this a link to the form for the British 18-25 championships. Shocking though how i cant find a date or venue for it, but i made inquires tonight and i should know soon. Itll be at the Bannockburn club. The winner gets a spot at the winmau masters. Would probably be a good day out though.

I seen one guy whos either 17 or 18, from down south, Shaun Griffiths, was averaging over 90 at some of these competitions, how the feck can young laddies expect to compete with guys like him?

This'll be my last chance to enter this - I turn 26 at the end of the year. :rolleyes:<_<

Got everyone of my PL predictions wrong last night - wonder why I bother sometimes ... :rolleyes::P

Jenkins hasn't lost to Taylor in the PL for two years now and seems to have the indian sign over him. Was good to see Part take out Merv as well, gave the Canadian an outside chance of making the play-offs.