Darts...

Sideshow

What a match! Soo exciting.

Cant believe Anderson got a chance after the penultimate leg.

Anderson's scoring was pretty decent. What did he average, pretty high 90s with that many missed doubles!

Glad he is still in the tournament. Lewis and Anderson should be out which would have left a cake walk for Taylor.

f**k me. I'm drained after watching that and it's only the 1st round. Anderson needs to piss off home, forget his Christmas dinner and work on his double tops. Why does he always go for it ? One shot at 8's...straight in. Is he allergic to 16's ?

f**k me. I'm drained after watching that and it's only the 1st round. Anderson needs to piss off home, forget his Christmas dinner and work on his double tops. Why does he always go for it ? One shot at 8's...straight in. Is he allergic to 16's ?

I noticed that too, hes dire on double tops, not much better on 10s.

Tonight's matches...

7.10pm Andy Smith v Scott Rand

8.15pm Devon Petersen v Jose de Sousa (P)

9.00pm John Part v John Henderson

10.00pm Simon Whitlock v Dennis Smith

11.00pm Steve Brown v Petersen/de Sousa

What a first round it's been and tonight is the conclusion of it. I'm working the backshift tonight so I'm going to miss the first few matches which is a pain in the arse.

Scott Rand had a tremendous run at the Players' Championship at the start of the month and will fancy his chances of taking out the Pie Man who has been out of sorts recently. Part vs Hendo is too tough to call as we've no idea which Part will show up and Hendo is more than capable of putting in a match winning performance.

Whitlock vs Smith is the one that fascinates me, though. Whitlock has been out of action with that ankle injury so he'll be very short of practice, let alone proper match time. Smiffy is a veteran of many a World Championships and it's good to see him back on the telly, even if his throw rivals Pipe for pace. I think this will be a five setter but I'm not sure which way it'll go.

I'm contemplating a small dabble on Smiffy tonight. Had a good couple of nights the last few after a disastrous start with Barham.

I read an interview with Whitlock online yesterday where he stated he can only practice for 15-20 minutes before the pain kicks in but he will 'give it a go' anyway doesn't come across to me as someone who is sure of a win.

I really fancy Rand tonight though the guy will be oozing confidence after Doncaster and he certainly has the game to beat Pie Man.