Darts...

Sideshow

A terrific atmosphere my cock there's no c**t facing the stage at the moment.

Absolute joke. I know this is the way darts is going but the crowds are just getting worse and worse as more people jump on the "wacky fancy dress" bandwagon.

A terrific atmosphere my cock there's no c**t facing the stage at the moment.

Absolute joke. I know this is the way darts is going but the crowds are just getting worse and worse as more people jump on the "wacky fancy dress" bandwagon.

Aye, it's getting a wee bit pathetic. Problem is these players want to be playing for BIG money so the PDC need to continue appealing to the lowest common denominator to pull in the crowds.

Aye, it's getting a wee bit pathetic. Problem is these players want to be playing for BIG money so the PDC need to continue appealing to the lowest common denominator to pull in the crowds.

That's the way Hearn wants snooker to go. Absolutely no chance.

I'm almost certain that no one in the crowd is watching this match, instead deciding to taunt each other. Read on twitter that a number of them have already been rejected over the course of the night.

It has become an absolute farce, but as you touched on earlier, the PDC sold their souls in order to bring in the biggest crowds in order to facilitate for huge prize funds.

It's awful for the players on the stage, not good at all for the image of the game, but unless the PDC want to potentially lose the big crowds, it's not an easy problem to police or indeed solve.

Been to a couple of events enjoyed the match play atmosphere in the afternoon session of qauter finals day! Everybody having a good laugh few drinks but watching the darts with next to no boos shout outs ect! Went to the PL in Newcastle and don't think I would go back it looks a cracking atmosphere on the tele but when your trying to watch the games and just

about everyone their is climbing over each other just on the off chance their mates might see them on the tele was not for me! This crowd much the same

Edited by Am footy

This is BDO-esque. Awful standard.

They're both struggling up there, but it must be tough for them. Should be a nice easy progression for Wade in Round 3.

Went to the PL in Newcastle and don't think I would go back it looks a cracking atmosphere on the tele but when your trying to watch the games and just

about everyone their is climbing over each other just on the off chance their mates might see them on the tele was not for me! This crowd much the same

Indeed, I've attended a number the Premier League nights in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow, and at times, especially in Glasgow, it was particularly hard to keep your focus on the match as intoxicated bodies were strewn all around you.

That's easily the worst crowd I've seen at a World Championships. Just absolutely rotten crowd order throughout.

Yep, I didn't think Saturday's mob could be beaten, but they were. Absolutely disgraceful. Hopefully things will calm down next week with more afternoon and midweek sessions because antics like tonight just damage the whole integrity of the event.

I was at the Matchplay quarter final afternoon session as well AM and like you say cracking atmosphere with respect for all the players. The Winter Gardens is a real special place for darts.

I won't be going back to the PL this year after last years farce it was a joke.

The problem tonight would have been every c**t on the sauce all day everyone seemed gone by 7 with GSTQ being belted out.

Weekend evenings are going to be a nightmare for the players most will be wanting the afternoon slots from next week!

Quite enjoy perusing Wikipedia for the scores of older darts tournaments on occasion, and was a bit stunned to discover earlier that Bob 'the Limestone Cowboy' Anderson reached the semi finals of the PDC World Championship as recently as 2005 (2004 too!) ohmy.gif

I remember Anderson winning the worlds in 1988, and if someone had asked me when his last semi was (fnarr), I woulda said late 90s at the very latest.

Funny looking back at some of the names that have just slipped off the radar. 'Diamond' Dave Askew for one. Great potential he had, came to nothing.

I also notice The Fen Tiger, Peter Evison is re-joining the PDC from 2012 onwards, would be good to see him back, one of the old school. Only 47, so still got a bit of time on his hands.