Darts...

Sideshow

Quite enjoy perusing Wikipedia for the scores of older darts tournaments on occasion, and was a bit stunned to discover earlier that Bob 'the Limestone Cowboy' Anderson reached the semi finals of the PDC World Championship as recently as 2005 (2004 too!) ohmy.gif

I remember Anderson winning the worlds in 1988, and if someone had asked me when his last semi was (fnarr), I woulda said late 90s at the very latest.

Funny looking back at some of the names that have just slipped off the radar. 'Diamond' Dave Askew for one. Great potential he had, came to nothing.

I also notice The Fen Tiger, Peter Evison is re-joining the PDC from 2012 onwards, would be good to see him back, one of the old school. Only 47, so still got a bit of time on his hands.

Ahh, there's a name - Dave Askew. Always guaranteed to have the post midnight matches at the Worlds which, when they were at the Circus Tavern, still had a strong crowd in at that time of night/morning. Always see his name pop up in the qualifying events etc so it's good to see him still having a bash.

Anyone get darts related presents today?

I got a new board and a new set of darts - 24g Ted Hankey. Only had a few throws with them but they're pretty good.

Thats the darts i use.

Best part is the box with its vampire related puns... "with blood curdling accuracy"

Today's matches...

Afternoon Session (1pm)

Terry Jenkins v Co Stompe

Richie Burnett v John Part

Vincent van der Voort v Andy Hamilton

Evening Session (7pm)

James Richardson v Kim Huybrechts

Phil Taylor v Dave Chisnall

Paul Nicholson v Alan Tabern

Someone posted on Twitter, Dave Clark I think, that Co Stompe has had his dart throwing hand bitten by a dog over Xmas. But apparently he can still throw OK.

Afternoon session looks the better of the 2 today I'd say, which is lucky as Im out tonight!

Except that Kim played equally well.

I think that this is going to be a cracking game.

Yep, I'm looking forward to that one too.

As mentioned in my post earlier it was ex-Ajax player Aaron Winter's dog that did the damage to Stompe - looked pretty bad and it was at the knuckle area too.

Yep, I'm looking forward to that one too.

As mentioned in my post earlier it was ex-Ajax player Aaron Winter's dog that did the damage to Stompe - looked pretty bad and it was at the knuckle area too.

Sorry Naitch, didn't see your post. P+B's go to next unread post button clearly didn't work for me!

Ah, as promised, the decent walk on girls are back for the post Christmas games :D

I preferred the brunette one they had before to the lassie who came out with Terry Jenkins.

Best set of the tournament so far from Jenkins, unplayable. He's not being talked about much as a challenger but the man is a great darts player.